The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul; Audit The Pentagon!

Default Rand Paul; Audit The Pentagon!

This should make the Repubs really happy I guess Rand won't be getting any Super Pac money from defense contractors anytime in the near future.

TAMPA--Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul will use his prime-time speaking slot at the Republican National Convention to urge party members to be more open to scrutinizing military spending, a position that puts him in the minority within the GOP.
    Paul made the remarks Sunday when he addressed thousands of supporters at a rally for his father, former Republican presidential candidate and Texas Rep. Ron Paul, at the University of South Florida.
    "Because we've talked about audit the Fed so much, we're now talking about audit the Pentagon," Paul told the crowd. "Now, because of Hurricane Isaac, it's not sure whether my message will get to the Republican National Convention, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able speak. And one of the messages that I will give to them is that Republicans need to acknowledge that not every dollar is well spent or sacred in the military and we have to look for ways to make every department accountable."
    Paul will speak at the convention between 7 and 8 p.m. ET Tuesday, according to an updated schedule made public Sunday.
    Both presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his running mate, Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, have vowed to increase defense spending if elected.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-27-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

I have no problem with auditing defense contractors, their lobbyists are some of the most corrupt that are out there...case in point, when the US Army decided to change from the .45 cal to the Beretta 92 9mm, the Sig - Sauer actually tested higher but Beretta was awarded the contract, there is a whole lot of waste in military/defense spending especially in high tech weaponry, the closure of bases done strictly based on which Senators who carry the most constituents or the most clout in Congress...and the list goes on
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I believe they are returning to the Colt.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I believe they are returning to the Colt.
    The Marine Corps is returning the the Colt M1911, do not know if the Army is following suit...the .45 has superior stopping power, the 9mm had higher capacity and was more readily available throughout the world..the M1911 was foolproof as a piece of weaponry
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I have no problem with auditing defense contractors, their lobbyists are some of the most corrupt that are out there...case in point, when the US Army decided to change from the .45 cal to the Beretta 92 9mm, the Sig - Sauer actually tested higher but Beretta was awarded the contract, there is a whole lot of waste in military/defense spending especially in high tech weaponry, the closure of bases done strictly based on which Senators who carry the most constituents or the most clout in Congress...and the list goes on
    As I recall the Beretta and Sig had just about identical scores, with the Sig edging out the Beretta, the Beretta were cheaper in price and after weighting the scores against the price they went with the Beretta, nothing wrong with paying less for the same quality. The M1911 was used as the control group for the testing, and it did very poor in reliability tests in combat conditions.
    Last edited by mngundog; 08-27-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    As I recall the Beretta and Sig had just about identical scores, with the Sig edging out the Beretta, the Beretta were cheaper in price and after weighting the scores against the price they went with the Beretta, nothing wrong with paying less for the same quality. The M1911 was used as the control group for the testing, and it did very poor in reliability tests in combat conditions.
    Speaking from personal experience only, the beretta 9mm is a worthless piece of crap. I carried one into Panama, and thats where I left it. After it jammed on the second shot, I used it as a throwing device.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Rogers View Post
    Speaking from personal experience only, the beretta 9mm is a worthless piece of crap. I carried one into Panama, and thats where I left it. After it jammed on the second shot, I used it as a throwing device.
    My experience was with the Colt.
    I carried 2 in country.
    I fired Xpert every quarter for 4 years with the weapon I was initially issued.
    The "weapon of choice."

Never fired the Beretta.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    This should make the Repubs really happy I guess Rand won't be getting any Super Pac money from defense contractors anytime in the near future.

TAMPA--Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul will use his prime-time speaking slot at the Republican National Convention to urge party members to be more open to scrutinizing military spending, a position that puts him in the minority within the GOP.
    Paul made the remarks Sunday when he addressed thousands of supporters at a rally for his father, former Republican presidential candidate and Texas Rep. Ron Paul, at the University of South Florida.
    "Because we've talked about audit the Fed so much, we're now talking about audit the Pentagon," Paul told the crowd. "Now, because of Hurricane Isaac, it's not sure whether my message will get to the Republican National Convention, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able speak. And one of the messages that I will give to them is that Republicans need to acknowledge that not every dollar is well spent or sacred in the military and we have to look for ways to make every department accountable."
    Paul will speak at the convention between 7 and 8 p.m. ET Tuesday, according to an updated schedule made public Sunday.
    Both presumptive Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and his running mate, Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan, have vowed to increase defense spending if elected.
    Fabulous, what an outside of the box thinker!!

While he is at it, why doesn't he ask for the GSA to be audited as well.

Now we are talking!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Fabulous, what an outside of the box thinker!!

While he is at it, why doesn't he ask for the GSA to be audited as well.

Now we are talking!!!!
    As well as every dept in the Federal Govt.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Dont stop with the Pentagon, GSA I agree audit them all!
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )