The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bush Is Not in Tampa, but His Ideas Are

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    The president stepped up and passed legislation that could respond quickly to such disasters, as to prevent another Katrina. The president made it available and now its not enough. I guess he will need to ask congress for more....but in the mean time Obama has his back...inspite of the politicing he is doing.
    the only thing that can prevent another Katrina is to NOT rebuild a city 12 ft below sea level.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by aray11 View Post
    the only thing that can prevent another katrina is to not rebuild a city 12 ft below sea level.
    bingo!

Bill Davis

Now theres an idea All these people were under a mandatory evacuation yet they stayed and made emergency workers come out risk their own lives to get them off their roof.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    the only thing that can prevent another Katrina is to NOT rebuild a city 12 ft below sea level.
    I have often wondered why they do this. We have local contracters still building in the flood plain close to us. Being from some other area and new here may excuse some of them. Others have no excuse. Cheap land in those flood plains I guess. Many here wanted a water park built in the lower area of the flood plain.
    Then we had a flood in the middle of those arguements..........yep they got a water park but it was not what those dumb people had in mind. Don't hear anything about that anymore. Lowes had previously bought land and filled in enough for their store and it's parking lot. That flood water rose to within a few inches of the door to the store. Parking lot was covered by lots of muddy water. It always makes me wonder why they make these fills in flood plains as it just pushes the water level higher during a flood. Then there is the new street being built in the area where the fill will actually act as a dam keeping the homes behind it in higher water for longer. I guess they are counting on flood insurance but this is just raising insurance rates. We are all paying for it in the end.
    Last edited by charly_t; 08-29-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: spelling ( again :-(
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    Imagine a banker not liking Obama...that might be neck-in-neck with one of many "green" energy companies that contributed to him that are now bankrupt (easy money) that took millions in payback handouts.
    Me thinks you may be "misremembering" whose administration did the bank bailout

but according to our left wing nut the bank bail out stopped a world credit crash and has all been paid back. It was nessecary and was beneficial to the taxpayers. And you are saying this was done by President Bush's adminstration. Oh no, does that mean our resident left wing nut thinks President Bush did something worth while?
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Methinks is one word.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Methinks is one word.
    Dont care who you are..... THATS FUNNY!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Where did I mention bailout?
    Last edited by kjrice; 08-30-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    Where did I mention bailout?
    You didn't specifically. My BAD!!!

However you did imply that a banker not liking Obama would be as "Neck and Neck" with one of the green company owners that took millions in handouts from Obama not liking him.

So tell me what handout to the bankers were you referring to?