RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Hurrican Isaac Update

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  KNorman 
#1 ·
I live about ten blocks from the Superdome in the Garden District of New Orleans. I just came in from sitting on my porch and the wind and rain is picking up pretty good. Still have power. So far so good.

#6 ·
Hope everything goes well with you and yours. Have to say that I wish the storm had spared ya'll and slammed in right here. We need the rain so bad that I don't care if it comes with a bit of wind.

#8 ·
After 10-12 inches of rain and some heavy winds for the last 36 hours, all is pretty quiet here. All my debris is now raked into piles and I am waiting for the power to come back on. Hope everyone else is making out okay.

#9 · (Edited)
We are okay. The eye passed directly over my house and toward the bad (west) side.
Heavy gusts, lots of rain.....power went out early and stayed out until yesterday night. I'm very lucky I live close to a sub-station so my subdivision is always the first back on the grid.

I am grateful I only lost a few shingles. Clean up only took about two hours.
It's still raining lightly here, but radar shows this as Issac's last band down here.

Overall, not a bad storm for me, however, many are not so lucky. Please include them in your prayers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.