The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ann Romney

Default Ann Romney

Impressive and touching speech tonight! She would make an awesome First Lady and is Mitt's best asset. It's just her husband and his VP choice that I am concerned with.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Ann Romney is pure class...now Juan Williams from Fox News who took a cheap shot at her is a pure ***...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Ann Romney is pure class...now Juan Williams from Fox News who took a cheap shot at her is a pure ***...

great line Bon,
    nice rhyme.
    it just made this pop into my head...
    Ya wake up in the morning and he's on the news.
    Do Do Juan Juan Juan.
    Do Do Juan Juan.
    Ya think he might be worried that his side will loose.
    Do Do Juan Juan Juan.
    Do Do Juan Juan.
    Welllllllllllll his foots in his mout.
    Dooooon’t know what hes talkin’ bout.
    Gonnna have four years to pout.
    Do Do Juan Juan Juan.
    Do Do Juan Juan.

Everybody sing!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Juan Williams fell on the DNC sword on that one. Guaranteed that was a preplanned talking point that they were going to use. The backlash is pretty heavy though so they may scrap that one.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

I hate to be the contrarian here among the Republicans, but Ann Romney's speech left me pretty unimpressed. It sounded a bit too scripted and her style came across a bit too sorority sister for me. (She also needed help with her lipstick.) It is pretty hard to believe her as a struggling mom. I realize that she has had health problems, and that all folks, rich or poor have problems in their lives, but come on. I prefer Laura Bush's style.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I hate to be the contrarian here among the Republicans, but Ann Romney's speech left me pretty unimpressed. It sounded a bit too scripted and her style came across a bit too sorority sister for me. (She also needed help with her lipstick.) It is pretty hard to believe her as a struggling mom. I realize that she has had health problems, and that all folks, rich or poor have problems in their lives, but come on. I prefer Laura Bush's style.
    Come on man... you get up there in front of the whole world... that is being a little nitpicky...
    Bill Davis

Ann Romney has my vote. Yes, a bit sorority sister-like. At least she wasn't pretending to be anything else. Her reality is very different from mine. But, I'm okay with that. She stayed true to who she is, what she stands for, and delivered what I found to be a heart felt address.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    Ann Romney has my vote. Yes, a bit sorority sister-like. At least she wasn't pretending to be anything else. Her reality is very different from mine. But, I'm okay with that. She stayed true to who she is, what she stands for, and delivered what I found to be a heart felt address.
    I wonder if for the FIRST time in her life she is proud to be an American?????
    Stan b & Elvis

I hope she knows how to garden so she can take over Michelle's role as the first lady
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    I hope she knows how to garden so she can take over Michelle's role as the first lady
    No her role is to rack-up huge bills with the largest entourage to date.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.