The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: serious question?

Banned

Default serious question?

I actually have 2 questions. First, does the electoral college insult your intelligence about whom gets elected? Second, is it possible for a candidate to win the popular vote but lose the electoral college vote and not get the presidency? Personally the electoral college does insult my intelligence. What do you guys think?

Why does it insult your intelligence?
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I actually have 2 questions. First, does the electoral college insult your intelligence about whom gets elected? Second, is it possible for a candidate to win the popular vote but lose the electoral college vote and not get the presidency? Personally the electoral college does insult my intelligence. What do you guys think?
    1) No
    2) Yes its possible and can easily happen. I believe Gore won the popular vote in 2000

Banned

Your 2nd answer is the reason it insults my intelligence. If I have voted for the candidate that won the popular vote, how can that person not win the election? Does that make sense?

Your 2nd answer is the reason it insults my intelligence. If I have voted for the candidate that won the popular vote, how can that person not win the election? Does that make sense?
    Wow! I guess you really don't understand the electoral college.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

This question only gets asked when the libs are afraid of losing.
    Bill Davis

its because you vote by state, not nationally...in actuality its about as fair a system as can be had or else California and New York could literally determine the Presidency, which is almost the case now...Not sure if I like a winner take all awarding of the electoral votes, because its not a true representation of the wishes of the country..IMO if the votes were awarded proportionately a Third party could conceivably win but never win a single state or the majority
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Here is how it works. If you really want to know.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWoEVM9gkpY
    Ignore the hosts though.
    Last edited by Jason Glavich; 08-30-2012 at 07:06 AM.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    Wow! I guess you really don't understand the electoral college.
    No I don't. That's why I asked the question. If it is a vote by the people, the person with the most votes wins. At least that's the way I was taught that a vote is decided. Honestly, do we have electoral college for senate and congress and other offices? I don't think so. I could be wrong though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    This question only gets asked when the libs are afraid of losing.

Look mr smarty pants. I was asking a serious question because I don't understand how the whole process works. It's not about "libs being afraid of losing". I personally think all politicians are crooked and full of BS and will say anything to get elected. I don't give a rip who wins. I am going to get up and go to work everyday and go on with my life. If either one gets elected doesn't mean that the world is coming to an end. There will be just more pissing and moaning and crying fro whomever lost the election.
    Last edited by murral stark; 09-01-2012 at 06:09 PM.