The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: serious question?

The electoral college is a way to weight each states votes. Total votes on a national basis don't matter. This allows states with a lower population to still be relavent to the process.

The reason the elcetoral college is not used in local and state elections is because they are local and state elections. The presidential election is the only national election.

When this country was founded there was not a popular vote for president.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Look mr smarty pants. I was asking a serious question because I don't understand how the whole process works. It's not about "libs being afraid of losing". I personally think all politicians are crooked and full of BS and will say anything to get elected. I don't give a shit who wins. I am going to get up and go to work everyday and go on with my life. If either one gets elected doesn't mean that the world is coming to an end. There will be just more pissing and moaning and crying fro whomever lost the election.

You just might be a little thin skinned for PP.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Look mr smarty pants. I was asking a serious question because I don't understand how the whole process works. It's not about "libs being afraid of losing". I personally think all politicians are crooked and full of BS and will say anything to get elected. I don't give a shit who wins. I am going to get up and go to work everyday and go on with my life. If either one gets elected doesn't mean that the world is coming to an end. There will be just more pissing and moaning and crying fro whomever lost the election.
    That's a serious answer. The question came up when Gore got his a$$ handed to him and you are bringing it up now. Anyone with a brain can see Obama is toast, that's why you are so worried about it.
    Bill Davis

Look mr smarty pants. I was asking a serious question because I don't understand how the whole process works.
    Anyone besides me see the irony here - Murral is from a state that just had their teachers get their panties in a wad because they were not getting their way - Yet Murral does not understand by her own admission how the system works nor why - something I was taught in HS Freshman Civics by a teacher paying for her own HC. really !!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    That's a serious answer. The question came up when Gore got his a$$ handed to him and you are bringing it up now. Anyone with a brain can see Obama is toast, that's why you are so worried about it.
    First off, I wasn't around this site when gore was brought up. I never followed politics until this election because there is so much on tv that you can't get away from it. Anyone with a brain could've read what I responded to you. I don't give a rip who gets elected. I will go on with my life and keep doing what I do. It's not the end of the world like alot of people think. I like coming here and reading what people say. Some people are so passionate that I think the next time they take their dog to the vet, they should get a rabies shot for themselves. Sometimes I think that some people think that if their guy doesn't get in the office, the apocalyse will come and end the world as we know it.
    Last edited by murral stark; 09-01-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Anyone besides me see the irony here - Murral is from a state that just had their teachers get their panties in a wad because they were not getting their way - Yet Murral does not understand by her own admission how the system works nor why - something I was taught in HS Freshman Civics by a teacher paying for her own HC. really !!
    You think I'm a girl. Let me tell you, I am far from a girl and I don't wear panties. Seeing how you're from the Pacific NW, I think the gay pride movement started out in that area didn't it. Do you belong to the rainbow brigade? And for the record, I was not born and raised in WI. I only moved here because my employer closed down my plant in SD and I had to move here for the job.

Yep. Too thin skinned.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Yep. Too thin skinned.
    You are probably right. I was just trying to get some civil answers and people started being a smart ass and making assumptions about me. I have a short fuse and get fired up pretty easy. If I had asked a question being a smart ass, I could understand. I only hope these people don't jump on their kids when they ask a question.

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    The electoral college is a way to weight each states votes. Total votes on a national basis don't matter. This allows states with a lower population to still be relavent to the process.

The reason the elcetoral college is not used in local and state elections is because they are local and state elections. The presidential election is the only national election.

When this country was founded there was not a popular vote for president.

Tom
    Tom-

When the Constitution was drafted, only the House of Representatives was selected by election by the people. The Senators were selected by the state legislatures, and the President by the electoral college. Thus, the US was not a popular democracy from inception.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Murral, you are one of my new favorite people.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!