The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: serious question?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Anyone besides me see the irony here - Murral is from a state that just had their teachers get their panties in a wad because they were not getting their way - Yet Murral does not understand by her own admission how the system works nor why - something I was taught in HS Freshman Civics by a teacher paying for her own HC. really !!
    You must've had different terminology when you were in school. It was called social studies when I was in school.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    You must've had different terminology when you were in school. It was called social studies when I was in school.
    Civics is how our government works ( rules etc. ). It was usually just one half of the shool year back then ( about 1950 ). Case in point..........when Kennedy was shot and had been pronounced dead a politician in D.C. proclaimed that he was in charge in D.C. He was not in line right after V. P. Johnson as he seemed to think but the poor guy thought he was. He was going to take charge till Johnson got back to D.C. even though he was not in line to do so. This is one of the things that civics class teaches.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    ..... the US was not a popular democracy from inception......
    and never claimed to be, ever.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible,........"

don't matter the name of the class, but the content of the learnin'
    and even if you wuz under the bleachers smokin corn silk instead of at your desk.
    Gore made sure the entire nation understood how the EC works just a wee
    few years back. Gosh we make the kids take a driving test afore we give um a car.
    Why don't we have a voting test ? ? ? weed out the riff raff
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

You think I'm a girl. Let me tell you, I am far from a girl and I don't wear panties. Seeing how you're from the Pacific NW, I think the gay pride movement started out in that area didn't it. Do you belong to the rainbow brigade? And for the record, I was not born and raised in WI. I only moved here because my employer closed down my plant in SD and I had to move here for the job.

Wow!, way to re-direct!
    somebody points out the uninformed voter in the group.
    and her retort is to call him a fag.
    You musta been on the debate team after social studies class was over.
    and you never heard of Gore, 'cause you were not on RTF?
    if this is your only news source...... gosh all hemlocks!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Hahahahahaha!!!!

The founding fathers had a distrust of the masses. After all, The US was a new experiment in self governance. Initially only males with property were entitled to vote. The electoral college was an attempt to insulate the choosing of a president from the masses who might follow any political fad of the day and might elect a president that would be a detriment to the republic, namely the property holders.

There were no political parties at inception of the Constitution. However, they emerged shortly after the ink was dry on the document.

The concept of the founding fathers was that prominent persons in the respective states would be chosen as electors of the president. Today the actual electors of the POTUS are slate of prominent persons chosen by the respective parties. Even though Barack Obama Mitt Romney, or other candidates appear on the ballot, you are actually voting for a slate of electors loyal to that candidate. The actual slate of electors usually does not appear on the ballot (which might open to legal challenge.) In most states, it is the practice that the winning candidate takes the entire slate of electors . However the practice is not dictated by the Constitution.

The electors are not legally bound to vote for the candidate they are pledged to, and sometimes they will change their mind between the election and convening the electoral college. It is not a way to ingratiate your party if you decide to bolt.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 09-01-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Wow!, way to re-direct!
    somebody points out the uninformed voter in the group.
    and her retort is to call him a fag.
    You musta been on the debate team after social studies class was over.
    and you never heard of Gore, 'cause you were not on RTF?
    if this is your only news source...... gosh all hemlocks!
    I never said I hadn't heard of gore. i was referring to the fact that it was brought up here and I was not a member at that time. I didn't call him a fag, I just wondered if he was guilty by association. I will repeat, I am not a girl!!! I wasn't under the bleacher smoking corn silk either. I was on the football field or wrestling mat, and probably stealing girlfriends from guys like you. Because after the game or match, I was smoking something a little stronger than corn silk
    Last edited by murral stark; 09-01-2012 at 03:22 PM.

I never said I hadn't heard of gore. i was referring to the fact that it was brought up here and I was not a member at that time. I didn't call him a fag, I just wondered if he was guilty by association. I will repeat, I am not a girl!!! I wasn't under the bleacher smoking corn silk either. I was on the football field or wrestling mat, and probably stealing girlfriends from guys like you. Because after the game or match, I was smoking something a little stronger than corn silk

Murral : if I may let me give you a bit of friendly advice, MOST of the posters here are middle aged and beyond, the person whose state you made a childish reference to is in his 80's, hence when people refer to a Civics class it shows that they probably went to school in the 60's when it was called that before being called social studies, American Govt or similar..

No need to flaunt your manly heterosexual ego here, also no need to make homophobic slurs here either, the last person(s) that got ribbed about their sexuality here on POTUS resulted in retaliating with an ugly tirade which caused their banishment..

People on here have tried to answer you but somehow your hostility has prevented you seeing that and from my vantage point you are coming across as someone who maybe didnt get everything out of your social studies class while you were out stealing girlfriends or smashing helmets and doing takedowns on a wrestling mat..

Take a second to look at who you are dealing with here, more than likely we are your parents age, maybe some of us dont hear too well and our sight is compromised but we LISTEN and we SEE more than you think..I have read many of your posts, some come across as very juvenile and some are those of a concerned young man very worried about the future of the country..

Consider who you might be talking to here on POTUS, it might help you to stick around longer, if that is your desire
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Murral : if I may let me give you a bit of friendly advice, MOST of the posters here are middle aged and beyond, the person whose state you made a childish reference to is in his 80's, hence when people refer to a Civics class it shows that they probably went to school in the 60's when it was called that before being called social studies, American Govt or similar..

No need to flaunt your manly heterosexual ego here, also no need to make homophobic slurs here either, the last person(s) that got ribbed about their sexuality here on POTUS resulted in retaliating with an ugly tirade which caused their banishment..

People on here have tried to answer you but somehow your hostility has prevented you seeing that and from my vantage point you are coming across as someone who maybe didnt get everything out of your social studies class while you were out stealing girlfriends or smashing helmets and doing takedowns on a wrestling mat..

Take a second to look at who you are dealing with here, more than likely we are your parents age, maybe some of us dont hear too well and our sight is compromised but we LISTEN and we SEE more than you think..I have read many of your posts, some come across as very juvenile and some are those of a concerned young man very worried about the future of the country..

Consider who you might be talking to here on POTUS, it might help you to stick around longer, if that is your desire
    And while you are at it Murral, bring me a beer...
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

You are correct sir. If I have offended someone. I apologize. I am deeply concerned with the future of this country. I just don't think that it is any one person's fault for the mess that we are in. I have always been one to pull for the underdog. so when everybody is piling on our current president, I feel the need to pull people off the pile. If there's gonna be a fight, it's gonna be one on one not a whole bunch of people beating up on one person. My response about the gay pride movement was a knee jerk reaction to someone referring to me as getting "her" panties in a wad. I come from a farm family and blue collar roots. It was drilled into us boys that if someone insults your manhood, you show them that you are indeed, not a girl. My response was out of line and I am sorry. I am young middle aged, 47 to be exact. I have a value that I hold true to. I will speak to you in the manner in which I would like to be spoken to. So, in that light, when someone gives me a hard time, in a disrespectful manner, I then in turn respond to them in a disrespectful manner. I was asking a question and some people fired at me in a manner that I felt was an attack. So I then returned fire. I will be more civil in the future and I come to you with hat in hand asking forgiveness.