The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: College Football..... FINALLY!!! GDG

"I just don't think his stats are going to be loaded up. LSU will do much like bama. open the game passing the ball around in order to loosen up the D and get the run going to pound in down the field"

Really? and what makes you think that? We have the recievers and the backs that can catch it out of the backfield and now a QB that can throw the ball. I think people will be very suprised.

I know every thing looks your way when you wear crimson colored glasses.

QUOTE=rboudet;1004548]"I just don't think his stats are going to be loaded up. LSU will do much like bama. open the game passing the ball around in order to loosen up the D and get the run going to pound in down the field"

Really? and what makes you think that? We have the recievers and the backs that can catch it out of the backfield and now a QB that can throw the ball. I think people will be very suprised.

I know every thing looks your way when you wear crimson colored glasses.[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong. I really don't care. I'm just saying over the past 8-10 year, weather lsu is using 1 qb or 2 or 3. The team averages about 2000-2500 passing yards 20-25 td's with anywhere from 5-18 ints any given year. Historically over the past decade lsu has not had to throw for 4500 passing yards with 32 td's and 5 picks to win football games. They can play offense similar to the way alabama plays it, and dominate people. LSU has had the players to put up un godly numbers in the past but they dont have to do that to win. Could they, hell yea but why when you can pound it down the field and put a top 5 defense out there to abuse other offenses. Catch my drift. I just think yall are trying to rub one out for ole mett. For lsu to win games this year, they dont need for him to be a superstar, they need for him to not turn the ball over and make a play here and there, if u can win games with that game plan then why change? Who knows maybe ol' miles decides to throw out a spread offense this year, time will tell.
    HRCH DRAKE

We have an OC and QB coach that I think ant wait to air it out more. Hadn't had the right QB recently for that. Don't get me wrong I believe we will pound it on the ground with the stable of backs we have. And believe me no one is "rubbing one out" over Mett. The jury is still out.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the urinating match between LSU and Bama fans is more fun than watching the game itself....may have to attend one of those tailgates just to see if the trash talking starts in the parking lot, does Bama have a chat forum similar to Tiger Beat or Shaggy Bevo (Texas fans)...love to read the hardcore fans swap the trash talk
    If you like BBQ, then by all means sit on a Bama tailgate. But, if you enjoy the finer things in life, its LSU tailgates all the way! No fans put more effort, planning and imagination into what they eat than Tiger tailgaters! Bon Apetite.

The last one I went to, the host served; roasted quail stuffed with red peppers, char-broiled gulf oysters, alligator chilli and prime rib poboys.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-01-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    If you like BBQ, then by all means sit on a Bama tailgate. But, if you enjoy the finer things in life, its LSU tailgates all the way! No fans put more effort, planning and imagination into what they eat than Tiger tailgaters! Bon Apetite.

The last one I went to, the host served; roasted quail stuffed with red peppers, char-broiled gulf oysters, alligator chilli and prime rib poboys
    do you bring bottled imported or micro brewed beer to a shindig like that or do you bring wine, that menu would rival some of the eateries that I visit on my nights off

the last Texas tailgate I attended, you could tell the alumni from the students...the students consisted of igloo coolers or maybe a keg and the menu consisted of hotdogs or Conan's pizza

the alumnists had Yeti coolers,Coleman road trip grills and were grilling everything from brats,steaks and even a brisket
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    do you bring bottled imported or micro brewed beer to a shindig like that or do you bring wine, that menu would rival some of the eateries that I visit on my nights off

the last Texas tailgate I attended, you could tell the alumni from the students...the students consisted of igloo coolers or maybe a keg and the menu consisted of hotdogs or Conan's pizza

the alumnists had Yeti coolers,Coleman road trip grills and were grilling everything from brats,steaks and even a brisket
    LSU has their own brewery now, just haven't come up with a name yet. I submitted Tiger Piss for consideration

When folks bring thier travel trailers to the tailgate area, most have fully stocked bars. I am partial to the Chambourg Vodka with a hint of rasberry.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Ok, so how did everyone like there teams debut?
    For Bama i was quite impressed with both offense and defense. The offense attacked early and often. T.j yeldon had the best freshman opener of UA history having 111 yrds on 11 carries and a td. To be a freshman he looks to be running like a grown man, was also really nice to see him picking up the blitz in the pass blocking. I did think bamas run blocking was alot better than their pass blocking, that'll make life easier for any back while running the ball. The defense just smothered UM and shut down robinsons rush attack. Looking forward to many more games. Roll Tide!!
    HRCH DRAKE

The Sooners pretty much stunk it up in El Paso.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

my Horns did well enough to win but nothing overly impressive considering the opponent....but from the highlights their is a new threat in town and it comes from West Virginia, that Holgersen offense looks scary good, not looking forward to playing them later in the year
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"