RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Bummed Out

921 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BrettG 
#1 ·
I had to shut down my kennel a few weeks ago, got all dogs gone. Got my personal dogs set back up at my house and just sold my trailer. Boy, I feel like I just took a kick in the stomach. I guess when the trailer left it made it all final. My wife and I are in a new stage in our life (empty nest) so closing the kennel wasn't a big deal. Actually, I was kind of happy when the guy I was renting from called and told me he had sold his farm, but with getting my boys off to school and starting going to college soccer games it never sank in where I was. Back when I was coaching I got used to change moving every few years but we've been in the same place for over 10 years now and I just don't like this feeling.

Ok, pity party is over. Now I can focus on my little yellow female I'm praying will be born in a couple weeks.

#4 ·
I'm taking my little girl in in the morning for an ultrasound. I wish they did them in color so I could know if I get my yellow female. Don't think we're getting many pups but I am anxious just thinking of this breeding of Maggie to Grady.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.