RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Next top stud?

56K views 106 replies 60 participants last post by  Happy Gilmore 
#1 ·
Just bored. Had my wisdom teeth pulled today.

Just a wondering who people think there pick for the next up and coming top lab stud dog will be.

#50 ·
There are many talented, field titled potential stud dogs who are not being bred to because they are EIC carriers.

Sad, but true. The stigma still exists.

Helen

#52 ·
Ask this question in about 3 years. Emmitt is young and has not sired many litters. It's too soon to tell what he has produced.

Helen

#57 · (Edited)
B Bumble, not even 3yrs old and has been bred 3 or more times from May-June 2012 till now. Stinger was the youngest dog to qualify for the 2012 NARC.

#61 ·
Yeah, John, but some have had their breeding programs in place long before the genetic testing became available, and choose not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. So it takes another generation or three to get clears if wanted, so what, it can be bred around. If only other breeding issues were so easy to remedy.

#71 ·
Check your pm

#72 · (Edited)
Just curious Jerry and I do not want to hijack this thread but have you experienced any vocal issues and or challenges with your Slider pups?

Regards

#73 ·
No noise issues at all. The older I trained Jam'd his first Open he ran and has since earned a second. Danny loves him as do his owners, Milton and Sherry McClure. The other one I had is doing well with Chris Christopher. Finishes almost all of the trials he has entered. His owner, Bo Stull, says a lot of nice things about the dog. Both are excellent markers.

#76 ·
Found this old thread and man did you guys nail some of them! It’s also cool to see what the studs mentioned have accomplished since the time this thread originated. Let’s start it over with today’s young competitors. I’ll start with Clooney.

#77 · (Edited)
I'll chime in again to this thread. Clooney is a fine producer. I had a male out of the Clooney X Chrome breeding. The majority of that litter went to FT homes and are quite successful at a relatively early age. The one I had just won a qualifying stake at Mid-Iowa last weekend for Paul Sletten. He is now owned by Sue Reynolds.

Another dog that seems to be a fine producer is FLEX. The one I just trained went to Jay Lucas from VA. He put 11 points on him in four trials with a win included. He has finished all four derbies and both the quals he ran and doesn't age out of the derby until the end of November. I have another FLEX sired pup from a different bitch and the similarities are remarkable. Very smart, compliant, a tremendous on/off switch and most importantly can mark. I train with a guy that has another FLEX sired pup from a different litter and he says the same things about his dog. So FLEX may be throwing those genes from the limited pups I have witnessed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.