RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Next top stud?

56K views 106 replies 60 participants last post by  Happy Gilmore 
#1 ·
Just bored. Had my wisdom teeth pulled today.

Just a wondering who people think there pick for the next up and coming top lab stud dog will be.

#2 ·
FC AFC CJ's Mister T

But don't tell anyone.

Probably not the next top stud, but I've heard nice things about the pups he's thrown. I'll look at him.

#15 · (Edited)
Tiger is the sire of:
3 or 4 dogs on the 2012 Derby list, two them with 2 wins in a row and also has various dogs with Derby wins and placements.
Various QAA dogs.
B Bumble - youngest Qualifier for the 2012 NARC.

#5 ·
Actually if Bubba is asking top $ for a stud fee you may be right. The Poodle I mentioned in the other thread is getting Grady type stud fees I'm sure.

#6 ·
Not looking at a poodle.

Original post said "lab stud dog". I am thinking it could be a five year old or under. I am thinking a young FC that hasn't sired a litter or pups are too young to tell. I am wanting to hear about a sleeper that those in the field trial game like what they see. Not really looking for Internet search answers.

#23 ·
very simple answer ...Slider aka FC AFC Bayou Teche Eye on the ball...he is a Clubmead Road Warrior son, and went from relative unknown to winning back to back Opens and being a National Amateur Finalist...his stud price and popularity will only rise

another would be FC AFC Suncrest Wild Oats (Oatie), a relative unknown except to those on the west coast, but he has two dogs that are on the derby list in the last two years Ryely and Jato...and he is a yellow dog

third choice sleeper pick would be Sherwin Scott's dog that just won the Canadian National Amateur..Guide..CNAFC FC AFC Nightwings Marsh Leader got to see him up close and he is a very nice dog

#9 ·
Wasnt trying to be snippy, but the pain pills are flowing. Actually laughed when I read the poodle comment.

#10 ·
He may be, but his title should increase Grady's work load as well.

A young dog I like is Fc Drake Bay's Parting of the Sea "Moses". He has been running very well since being a national finalist this past year and is a marking beast.

#17 ·
Slider will be a top stud within the next few years. I have a first Slider litter dog that is very, very nice. JAM at eleven months and third at twelve months. I will be getting another Slider pup from TX that was born four weeks ago. They should be very nice as well.
I train with some of Mr. T. pups. Very good marking dogs. I would take one in a minute.
However, I am partial to Slider.

#22 ·
I agree on Juice. He is a very, very nice dog. I judge he and Jim in an AM. He knew the blade of grass the bird hit. I liked everything I saw about him.

Moses is an EIC carrier and that will probably limit the # of litters he will sire. Glen Curtis has a puppy out of his first litter and at 12 weeks, he is fearless. He is a cool puppy.

#25 ·
BonMallari;1004368 third choice sleeper pick would be Sherwin Scott's dog that just won the Canadian National Amateur..Guide..CNAFC FC AFC Nightwings Marsh Leader got to see him up close and he is a very nice dog[/QUOTE said:
Guide showed his talent as a very young puppy. Over 50 Derby points amateur-owner trained and handled. He is a sleeper. Folks should look at his pedigree and do some cogitating. We can't breed to him because he is close family.

Helen

#27 ·
We have been watching a young AFC on the West Coast who is owner trained and handled. Not only do we like him, we like his siblings, his cousins, and the dogs on the pedigree behind them who we had the good fortune to see run in trials and compete against. His FC/AFC dam was always a strong contender until she was retired. His sire? Not enough can be said about him.

At 3 yrs of age this young AFC qualified for the 2011 National Amateur; at barely 4 years, the 2012 National Amateur. Even though he is not a proven stud, right now he is a top contender on our stud dog list because of who is behind him, what he has accomplished at such a young age, and the fact he has been amateur trained and handled to those accomplishments.

Helen

#30 ·
Winner, winner.
Helen

#34 ·
Holy cow. I looked him up on EE and he's having one hell of a year.

#33 ·
#35 ·
There have been several litters sired by Juice and I know that the pups are quite nice. I'll be breeding to him later this Fall and I know of one other litter that will be coming along shortly.

Juice is still a young dog and when people start seeing what he is producing I think the numbers will start to increase.

#37 ·
FC Fresh Squeezed Juice is who I believe they are referring to...

#38 ·
I had the first litter out of DOIT. He had a great derby career, that's what caught my eye, then watched him at a few trials and liked what I saw. He AFCed two weeks after the pups were born, most of the pups went to hunting homes, one field trial guy, and one male I kept. He is exactly what I was looking for. Time will tell, I also heard real good things about Telle, researched the pedigree back several years, several dogs who received the thomas merritt award for outstanding sire of field trial dogs are in the pedigree, i believe back to 1973. 6 Am wins this year,
first Am win around 2, qualified for 2 nationals, just turned 4 years old in april.

he is on my STUD list

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.