The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: less govt

I'm not sure where you are going with this but please explain the problem with the definition I provided.

I was referring to the size of government that many of the modern day republicans prescribe too. Secondly, it was a mere play on words i.e. democrats and republicans.

other than the fact it is wrong, nothin'
    both would have laws
    the "Mob" still rules ether
    both should have a constitution
    btw,
    I think there never has been a real democracy in any government in history.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    ...... it was a mere play on words i.e. democrats and republicans.
    as it was when those that named those parties, named them.
    some observe that the parties have both flipped, from what they were way back.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

The first two political parties were the Federalist headed by Alexander Hamilton and John Adams and the NON-Federalists, who in time turned out to be the Democratic-Republic headed by James Madison and Thomas Jefferson. The Federalist will be absorbed by the Democratic Republicans after the War of 1812 and the Democratic Republicans will eventually split into the Democrats and the Whigs. The Whigs will eventually break up into several different parties that will eventually join together to found the Republican party in 1850.

Ill have to disagree with you and leave it at that. Have a nice day.

Ill have to disagree with you and leave it at that. Have a nice day.
    on what point?

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Ok. Here's another question and this one is open for the wisecrackers. If Republicans believe in less govt, then why do they even bother fielding a candidate? Is it just to be a pain in the Democrat's butt who thinks that more govt is the way. And another thing, why are countries that have the right to vote and elect officials called "democratic" countries and people refer to these countries as a country of "democracy"?
    What makes you think the Republicans are for less government?

Republican and Democrat talking points are cheap and the proof is in the actions. Which from their speeches indicates just more big spending and big government! The Repubs want to grow the deficit by 5 TRILLION and the Dems by 8 TRILLION over the next 10 years. Not exactly what I would call less government!
    Last edited by Franco; 09-03-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Isn't a democracy a form of government where majority rules (mob) i.e, democrats and a republic a representative form of government which follows laws (Constitution) i.e., republicans? Hmm makes you wonder.
    Republicans and the Constitution, Coach? Remember the Patriot Act?
    Last edited by zeus3925; 09-03-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

I agree with you on that point. My original comment was lost somewhere in translation; I should have been clearer. My mistake.