The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Few words - big meaning - from Clint Eastwood

Default Few words - big meaning - from Clint Eastwood

We the citzens of the United States- Own this country. Politicians are our employees -- and when they don't do the job-- We must let them go! - Clint Eastwood
    Attributed to Ben Franklin-
    "Don't Argue with Stupid People..... They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid."

"Arguing with Idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to sh$t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Went ahead and made my day!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

If you owned a business and an employee did the job Obama did would you keep him?
    God Bless Clint Eastwood
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-30-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Loved it!!!!!
    Peg Willbond
    HRCH Rippling Run Good Golly Molly, MH, UD, WCX
    Rippling Run Touch of Spice ** MH, WCX
    Rippling Run Allie Allie In Free, ** MH, WCX

ok, i know I'll probably get slammed for this.... but..... Clint Eastwood kinda seemed like an old guy just rambling on last night. He definitely had some good punch lines, but the whole empty chair bit and pretending Obama was telling them to shut up or go "do" something to yourself.... it was a little weird for me.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

I hope the DNC learned from this...Eastwood was a big distraction....today instead of talking about Romney, they are talking about how Eastwood rambled, instead of how on message Romney was.....big mistake.

Anyway one convention down and another to go and then the race is on...Obama is going to crusify Romney in the debates, and America will be tuned in.

I do think Owebama will outshine Rmoney on the big stage.... he's a better actor and has clooney coaching him.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

I hope I can get around that well at 82. He wasnt a distraction he was an addition. Wonder what will fall out of the balloons at the DNC free birth control pills. Maybe Monica will pop out of a cake as a surprise for Bill especially since it was announced HILLARY wont be there!
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-31-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Clint coming to the forefront was to show that not all of Hollyweird are stereotypical libs..he was the warm up act..what better way to loosen up the night then to get a tough guy to come out and yuck it up a bit...Only seen bits and pieces of it, but Clint will make it "cool' for other actors and such to come out and show their conservative side. actors like Selleck,Voight,Grammer,Ratzenberger,Derek, will start showing up more and more
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    ok, i know I'll probably get slammed for this.... but..... Clint Eastwood kinda seemed like an old guy just rambling on last night. He definitely had some good punch lines, but the whole empty chair bit and pretending Obama was telling them to shut up or go "do" something to yourself.... it was a little weird for me.
    Clint Eastwood owes no one an apology - his spaghetti westerns were very entertaining & some are now classics - DH came at a time that the nation needed it - & Bridges was a whole new venue & some would say successful - & I speak from experience, if you're not blowing bubbles in a wheel chair at 82 you need notes as you think faster than you can talk - if you get there coherent you'll know what I talk about

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    crusify
    Please enlighten us - are you really that stupid or are you just putting us on????????

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!