The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Calif Dem compares Ryan to Nazi

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Seems like Mr. Burton conveniently forgets about the Dem fiction: "Someone told me he didn't pay taxes for ten years." ... "He may even be a felon." ... "He killed my wife."

    BTW, I've heard/seen that Bill Clinton ad for Obama several times. He says we should stick with Obama's plan, because it will maintain a strong middle class, and that will lead to prospertiy. I have a question here: What is this plan?

    I believe the original plan was all about the stimulus. (don't expect anyone will vote for another one of those, no matter who wins in 2012). We're going to let young illegals stay here and work. That ought to help a lot. We're going to continue to pursue alternative energy sources? (so energy costs will continue to rise?) Obamacare will move forward. This plan has not been working real well. Is there some NEW plan that I haven't heard of?
    Now that you mentioned it, sounds like Obama stole most of the Republican's ideas, he stole Romney's health care plan, Bush's stimulus plan, and Rubio's immigration plan , maybe he's a Republican after all.

  2. #22
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,315

    Default

    So vote for him....at least he has some personality....something the republican does not

  3. #23
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    So vote for him....at least he has some personality....something the republican does not
    If you were going in for open-heart surgery would you want the surgeon that had personality or the one that knew what the hell he was doing and had actually performed heart surgery before?
    Last edited by huntinman; 09-04-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Bill Davis

  4. #24
    Senior Member gmhr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    3,734

    Default

    I dont need personality, thats the problem Obama wants to be a stand up comedian instead of doing the job he was hired for FIX THE ECONOMY
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

  5. #25
    Senior Member menmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,315

    Default

    You act as if this guy has been president before and has an established record. Carzine is a perfect example of a rich guy that ran GS that was a total flop. Bain Capital and Goldman are not that different...same type of charactors run them. This thought that businessmen make good public leaders is false. The rules are to different. Just think, you have to get 200+ reps to agree with you and 50+ senators while everyone of them has a different agenda

  6. #26
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    You act as if this guy has been president before and has an established record. Carzine is a perfect example of a rich guy that ran GS that was a total flop. Bain Capital and Goldman are not that different...same type of charactors run them. This thought that businessmen make good public leaders is false. The rules are to different. Just think, you have to get 200+ reps to agree with you and 50+ senators while everyone of them has a different agenda
    And Obama has proven over four years that he can't get even ONE democrat to vote in favor of one of his budgets.

    Time to move on...
    Bill Davis

  7. #27
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    You act as if this guy has been president before and has an established record. Carzine is a perfect example of a rich guy that ran GS that was a total flop. Bain Capital and Goldman are not that different...same type of charactors run them. This thought that businessmen make good public leaders is false. The rules are to different. Just think, you have to get 200+ reps to agree with you and 50+ senators while everyone of them has a different agenda
    And most of those are lawyers or businessmen. Jimmy Carter was a businessman and Republicans just adored him. "W" was a businessman and he nearly ruined the country and everyone else. But, Republicans ain't so proud of him. They have a litter of kittens whenever his failed presidency is mentioned.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 09-04-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  8. #28
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    And most of those are lawyers or businessmen. Jimmy Carter was a businessman and Republicans just adored him. "W" was a businessman and he nearly ruined the country and everyone else. But, Republicans ain't so proud of him. They have a litter of kittens whenever his failed presidency is mentioned.
    I LIKE GW and have no problem saying so. I'd probably vote for him again if he could run. Would certainly vote for him over the current failure (had a hard time coming up with a word that wouldn't get me banned).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  9. #29
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    And most of those are lawyers or businessmen. Jimmy Carter was a businessman and Republicans just adored him. "W" was a businessman and he nearly ruined the country and everyone else. But, Republicans ain't so proud of him. They have a litter of kittens whenever his failed presidency is mentioned.
    Huh...over Gerald Ford ? just a little revisionist history...yup I really loved waiting in line for those odd/even gas rationing days..I dont know about the rest of the country because I was in college in Southern Calif, but we all thought he was just a dumb southern peanut farmer and wondered how he got the nomination and eventually the Presidency
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  10. #30
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Huh...over Gerald Ford ? just a little revisionist history...yup I really loved waiting in line for those odd/even gas rationing days..I dont know about the rest of the country because I was in college in Southern Calif, but we all thought he was just a dumb southern peanut farmer and wondered how he got the nomination and eventually the Presidency
    Tongue in cheek, Bon. Those two guys are examples how a businessman is perfectly able to botch a presidency.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 09-05-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •