The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: June GM sales

The right wing propaganda sheets don't give a rip whether they're accurate or not. Blackstone, thanks for the fact check.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Facts seem to be in short supply lately, from either party. Must be something in the air........-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

They could not make these kind of mistakes without the taxpayer's money. How long have they been making bad management decisions? If I am selling a product and losing money I am out of business. Government should not get involved in deciding who should stay in business as it just breeds this type of stupidity! You manufacture a product that the consumer wants not what the government wants you to sell! How long until they are ready to go belly up again? Then what give them more taxpayer money so they can continue to make bad decisions?

Insight: GM's Volt - The ugly math of low sales, high costs

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/insigh...041323478.html
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Facts seem to be in short supply lately, from either party. Must be something in the air........-Paul
    two thumbs up!
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Lets not confuse politics with facts.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    They could not make these kind of mistakes without the taxpayer's money. How long have they been making bad management decisions? If I am selling a product and losing money I am out of business. Government should not get involved in deciding who should stay in business as it just breeds this type of stupidity! You manufacture a product that the consumer wants not what the government wants you to sell! How long until they are ready to go belly up again? Then what give them more taxpayer money so they can continue to make bad decisions?

Insight: GM's Volt - The ugly math of low sales, high costs

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/insigh...041323478.html
    Are you aware that all hybrids & electric vehicles by all manufacturers have lost money for several years after they were introduced? Prius is now 13 years old, and it is just now starting to turn a profit for Toyota. The trick manufacturers use is to charge as much as they can for the vehicle without running off too many buyers, then spread the remainder of the cost out over the other models they produce. In that way, they recover the cost of producing the vehicle even if the vehicle is not profitable. Surely, you didnít think any manufacturer could stand that kind of loss on every hybrid or electric vehicle they produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Are you aware that all hybrids & electric vehicles by all manufacturers have lost money for several years after they were introduced? Prius is now 13 years old, and it is just now starting to turn a profit for Toyota. The trick manufacturers use is to charge as much as they can for the vehicle without running off too many buyers, then spread the remainder of the cost out over the other models they produce. In that way, they recover the cost of producing the vehicle even if the vehicle is not profitable. Surely, you didn’t think any manufacturer could stand that kind of loss on every hybrid or electric vehicle they produce.
    The difference is people actually buy the prius....

Are you aware that all hybrids & electric vehicles by all manufacturers have lost money for several years after they were introduced? Prius is now 13 years old, and it is just now starting to turn a profit for Toyota. The trick manufacturers use is to charge as much as they can for the vehicle without running off too many buyers, then spread the remainder of the cost out over the other models they produce. In that way, they recover the cost of producing the vehicle even if the vehicle is not profitable. Surely, you didnít think any manufacturer could stand that kind of loss on every hybrid or electric vehicle they produce.
    If you are correct, that is SOME TRICK. the TRICK is that if they perform mny of those tricks, they will wind up broke JUST LIKE GM DID!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    If you are correct, that is SOME TRICK. the TRICK is that if they perform mny of those tricks, they will wind up broke JUST LIKE GM DID!!!!!!
    Not really. The manufacturer breaks even on the cost. They pass the additional cost on to you when you buy their other vehicles.

Not really. The manufacturer breaks even on the cost. They pass the additional cost on to you when you buy their other vehicles.
    Now I see how I got it wrong. GM didn't go broke by selling vehicles at a price lower than the cost of producing them. THEY WENT BROKE BY SELLING THEM AT A PRICE HIGHER THAN THE COST OF PRODUCING THEM!! That REALLY makes good sense.