The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DEMs Drop GOD From Party Platform

"We gather to reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth – the simple principle that in America, hard work should pay off, responsibility should be rewarded, and each one of us should be able to go as far as our talent and drive take us.” But if you should become too successful, we will make sure that some of your success is spread around to those less fortunate in having less talent & less drive, since we can't trust that you are smart enough, in your charitable intentions, to give enough of this money to the right causes that, in our more informed opinion, really need it the most.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    Makes you wonder what god he prays to and how many times a day. Just saying

Richard
    Not to split hairs,
    ‘cause my interest in the democratic platform is about as deep
    as my interest in watching two man luge competition.
    But, um, ain’t the God of Isaac and the God of Ishmael, the same Dude?
    ‘member that pesky, boring Old Testament know body ever reads?
    Them hateful, murdering, Jihads are technically praying to the same God
    All the Bible Belt Baptists, Roman Catholics and even the Church of Later Day Saints are.
    Of course, on our side. We got the Klan. Ain’t nobody without a bit of sin.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

They didnt want to offend the pro choice people (Obama supports partial birth abortions) and gays by putting God in their platform. There were over 300 gay delegates last night . This is where they are taking us and that fine just best to leave God out.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

God mentioned=0
    Obama mentioned=200

Narcissist??
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Surefire way to influence undecided mainstream Americans...

Exclusive: Democrats Drop 'God' From Party Platform

Guess what? God’s name has been removed from the Democratic National Committee platform.

This is the paragraph that was in the 2008 platform:

“We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values, and interests of working people, and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential.”

Now the words “God-given” have been removed. The paragraph has been restructured to say this:

“We gather to reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth – the simple principle that in America, hard work should pay off, responsibility should be rewarded, and each one of us should be able to go as far as our talent and drive take us.”
    Obviously you were not tuned in to the convention nor listened to Michelle Obama speech, and by the way it was a fantastic speech....she clearly is the smarter woman

Anyway...this a political convention not a pray meeting

It doesnt matter if she said God bless you it was taken by choice out of the platform. It wasnt a mistake it was removed this tells you the values, morales of this party. They can back peddle and say God Bless America a million times which Im sure they will considering the back lash it wont matter the damage has been done. Someone should have known better before voting on taking it out. As one guy asked Brett Baier are you saying we are a Godless party? If the shoe fits......This will turn out to be a big deal dip into the excuse bucket and pull out some more
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-05-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Republicans remind me of those folks that attend church for an hour on Sunday and act holyer than thou...praying and throwing up their hands and then leave and don't think about doing God's work until next Sunday...hypocrits I think is what you call them.

Christ-like means living a unselfish life, helping your brothers, not being judgmental, and truly doing God's work. Not just talking about it. Like that guy who ends his emails with God Bless and everytime you see them says God a few times, but his actions are selfish and not like God....That to me is worse than just being selfish...at least that guy does not try to paint himself up with God for individual gain.

One time a guy ask me was being a Mason good for business and I told him yes, but don't become one to sell more cars, but if you do and are a good man, you will sell more cars. See the religious right is doing it to sell more cars and sickening

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Republicans remind me of those folks that attend church for an hour on Sunday and act holyer than thou...praying and throwing up their hands and then leave and don't think about doing God's work until next Sunday...hypocrits I think is what you call them.

Christ-like means living a unselfish life, helping your brothers, not being judgmental, and truly doing God's work. Not just talking about it. Like that guy who ends his emails with God Bless and everytime you see them says God a few times, but his actions are selfish and not like God....That to me is worse than just being selfish...at least that guy does not try to paint himself up with God for individual gain.

One time a guy ask me was being a Mason good for business and I told him yes, but don't become one to sell more cars, but if you do and are a good man, you will sell more cars. See the religious right is doing it to sell more cars and sickening
    We do have a choice this time... There IS a guy running for president that DOES walk the walk... and I have brand new news for you.... it isn't BHO.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

No he talks the talk or his views would be different.

Well bo has the atheisist vote but he will lose the Jewish for leaving out Jerusalem as the Capital and probably lose alot of votes based on his decision to go Godless. Gay marriage, abortion, no God, yep thats what he wants the U.S. to stand for.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-05-2012 at 10:05 AM.