The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keystone Pipeline Lie

Default Keystone Pipeline Lie

I'm calling you out on this one. Millions of jobs the keystone pipeline will create and the president is standing in the way of job growth.

First if you have ever been around pipeline construction a hundred is reaching on how many it employess. Few guys running a trac-hoes digging a ditch and a few guys welding the pipe together and a few others rolling it in the hole. Now lets use Milton's theory...a few chinamen making the pipe...a foriegn freigher shipping it here and stevedore operating a few cranes unloading it here and a few truck drivers taking it to a coating plant and a few guys running the conveyer and forklifts and then loading and trucking to site. Oh yea a few surveyers and engineers were involved. Anyway few thousand jobs made. Now I'm glad that some congressman didn't get his way making sure the pipeline came through his district even though the risk was too high, so that he could get a few dollars to get elected again....Obama has our back not some rich guy wanting to get richer. Nothing wrong with making money just not at our expense.

Who are you calling out? Who said it would create millions of jobs?

Any jobs it would create would be an improvement over what we are getting now with blown money on "shovel ready jobs".

Obama doesn't have our backs. He has his foot on our throats.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Crack is a hellova drug.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Its pretty sad if you think Obama has your back.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Call it out all you want. That pipeline would employ thousands.
    The pipe is not made in china....
    Welspun Tubular, a company located in Little Rock, Ark., has already manufactured about 800 km of pipe for the project. Welspun Tubular employs a little over 600 people.
    The sheer number of inspectors alone required to inspect the installation is around 500. For every one inspector, there are 3 welders.
    Still lots of others not mentioned.... I am sure others here could comment on fields they have experience with which could be directly affected by the Keyston Pipeline.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    Call it out all you want. That pipeline would employ thousands.
    The pipe is not made in china....
    Welspun Tubular, a company located in Little Rock, Ark., has already manufactured about 800 km of pipe for the project. Welspun Tubular employs a little over 600 people.
    The sheer number of inspectors alone required to inspect the installation is around 500. For every one inspector, there are 3 welders.
    Still lots of others not mentioned.... I am sure others here could comment on fields they have experience with which could be directly affected by the Keyston Pipeline.
    Heavy equipment operators(dozers, backhoe, etc)
    Drivers to deliver equipment
    general labor(shovels)
    Surveyors
    Timber removal
    and so on and so forth.
    Not to mention the money added to the local economies in hotel, food, bars, landowner leases, and many more that end up adding jobs in those areas.
    There is a reason that Oklahomas economy has barely taken a hit.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

I always said a $20 in a G-string stimulates the economy. It was not an issue of building the pipeline...it was an issue of doing it right where it does not cause unitended consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Heavy equipment operators(dozers, backhoe, etc)
    Drivers to deliver equipment
    general labor(shovels)
    Surveyors
    Timber removal
    and so on and so forth.
    Not to mention the money added to the local economies in hotel, food, bars, landowner leases, and many more that end up adding jobs in those areas.
    There is a reason that Oklahomas economy has barely taken a hit.
    That's a biggie... forgot each welder and inspector is paid for their travel and expenses. Hotels in Cushing and Enid are grabbing $150/night right now... and thats not for the Westin lol
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I always said a $20 in a G-string stimulates the economy. It was not an issue of building the pipeline...it was an issue of doing it right where it does not cause unitended consequences.
    no no no... you cant backtrack on this .... you said.... "I'm calling you out on this one. Millions of jobs the keystone pipeline will create and the president is standing in the way of job growth" and "First if you have ever been around pipeline construction a hundred is reaching on how many it employess"

We are simply calling YOU out on the fact that a few hundred is DEAD WRONG.
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Obamanomics will be shovel ready on Nov. 6th and there are a lot of people ready to make it happen!!!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl