The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keystone Pipeline Lie

Here's hoping Obama will be looking for a job on the pipeline next January.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I'm calling you out on this one. Millions of jobs the keystone pipeline will create and the president is standing in the way of job growth.

First if you have ever been around pipeline construction a hundred is reaching on how many it employess. Few guys running a trac-hoes digging a ditch and a few guys welding the pipe together and a few others rolling it in the hole. Now lets use Milton's theory...a few chinamen making the pipe...a foriegn freigher shipping it here and stevedore operating a few cranes unloading it here and a few truck drivers taking it to a coating plant and a few guys running the conveyer and forklifts and then loading and trucking to site. Oh yea a few surveyers and engineers were involved. Anyway few thousand jobs made. Now I'm glad that some congressman didn't get his way making sure the pipeline came through his district even though the risk was too high, so that he could get a few dollars to get elected again....Obama has our back not some rich guy wanting to get richer. Nothing wrong with making money just not at our expense.
    That's about as politically incorrect as your old handle. For a lib, you sure are a little harsh...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    That's about as politically incorrect as your old handle. For a lib, you sure are a little harsh...
    No what is politically incorrect is using them to make our products knowing that they work in slave conditions for slave wages.

It's out of sight and out of mind.

No what is politically incorrect is using them to make our products knowing that they work in slave conditions for slave wages.

Slave wages to you might be a weeks worth or a month worth to someone over there. They are probably damn glad to have it. It's none of your business what someone else wants to work for. Typical lib trying to run someone elses life...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Slave wages to you might be a weeks worth or a month worth to someone over there. They are probably damn glad to have it. It's none of your business what someone else wants to work for. Typical lib trying to run someone elses life...
    For every American who says, "I will not dig that ditch for those dollars" there are 100 immigrants fighting over his shovel.

I'm not saying it's right or it's wrong... It is reality.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Chinese sweat shops are not building that pipe. Rednecks in Arkansas are.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

No what is politically incorrect is using them to make our products knowing that they work in slave conditions for slave wages.It's out of sight and out of mind.
    China is on the cutting edge of technology in the steel and steel products industries; it is doubtful that if made in china, a human hand would touch this pipe until it was "out the door" of the manufacturing facility.

As for creating NEW jobs here at home.... the bulk of the skilled people who do this kind of work*(Pipeliners}, and will will work on this project will not be new hires, so I see it to be a couple Hundred tops.

* http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/a...3_CUTLIN458454

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

John,

You need to read the source you site. Quote from the Tulsa World:

"The Keystone XL should employ more than 100,000 workers in various fields and create up to $585 million in state and local tax revenues."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/a...3_CUTLIN458454
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunners Up View Post
    John,

You need to read the source you site. Quote from the Tulsa World:

"The Keystone XL should employ more than 100,000 workers in various fields and create up to $585 million in state and local tax revenues."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/a...3_CUTLIN458454
    I read that QUOTE of Randy Miller .... Not so says a recent study.

Here, you should read this. The pipe is from India, Welspun Corp Limited, and from Evraz in Russia and the few jobs it creates are mostly temporary............

http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/globallab..._Reportpdf.pdf

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 09-06-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    I read that QUOTE of Randy Miller .... Not so says a recent study.

Here, you should read this. The pipe is from India, Welspun Corp Limited, and from Evraz in Russia and the few jobs it creates are mostly temporary............

http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/globallab..._Reportpdf.pdf

john
    I'm not sure that I understand your point here John. 5000 jobs and 3+billion added to the economy(even by this Cornell studies conservative numbers) is a bad thing?
    I don't know about where some bookworm from Cornell gets his info but I will tell you this. Oil,gas, and pipeline are all alive and well in this area. Jobs may be temporary but they pay so well that there are a ton of people leaving their permanent careers to take those jobs. Our local PD is way low on bodies right now because guys keep leaving the dept. to go to work in the fields. We've seen a new Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, and a Marriott all built in the last two years and even added to all the other hotels, rooms are still hard to find. Our housing prices never dropped and have actually been on the rise. Two new grade schools have opened this year, and three new shopping centers are currently in the works(including a completly revamped mall with a new movie theater).
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."