The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Keystone Pipeline Lie

There are plenty of pipelines currently being built all over. I bank a pipe coating company that that is on fire. 1/2 of the welding will be done by OilStates or LaBarge. Its called double jointing then it gets coated and truck to be welded in the field...this lowers the risk of bad welds.

There are not enough welders and the folks doing these jobs are hispanic. I know because I tour the fab shops here in Houston. They are paying wages as high as $32 per hour and that is high for Texas.

My neighbor works for a fab shop and he said that they told him that they were going to 12 hr shifts 6 days a week and he told them he was only good for 50 hours, but then said the hispanics would never leave if they would let them.

There are lots of jobs...folks just don't know how to do them or are to good to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    There are plenty of pipelines currently being built all over. I bank a pipe coating company that that is on fire. 1/2 of the welding will be done by OilStates or LaBarge. Its called double jointing then it gets coated and truck to be welded in the field...this lowers the risk of bad welds.

There are not enough welders and the folks doing these jobs are hispanic. I know because I tour the fab shops here in Houston. They are paying wages as high as $32 per hour and that is high for Texas.

My neighbor works for a fab shop and he said that they told him that they were going to 12 hr shifts 6 days a week and he told them he was only good for 50 hours, but then said the hispanics would never leave if they would let them.

There are lots of jobs...folks just don't know how to do them or are to good to do them.
    Just think how many more stories like that there would be if we would get Obama out of office...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Just think how many more stories like that there would be if we would get Obama out of office...
    & get rid of the minimum wage - there are just too many people out there that don't know how to work that need the training to learn to be productive. Think Child Labor Laws - good intentions, bad result

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Thats what we need...children getting smashed by pipe

The level of stupidity in that statement reaches new heights, even for you.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I'm calling you out on this one. Millions of jobs the keystone pipeline will create and the president is standing in the way of job growth.
    First if you have ever been around pipeline construction a hundred is reaching on how many it employess. Few guys running a trac-hoes digging a ditch and a few guys welding the pipe together and a few others rolling it in the hole. Now lets use Milton's theory...a few chinamen making the pipe...a foriegn freigher shipping it here and stevedore operating a few cranes unloading it here and a few truck drivers taking it to a coating plant and a few guys running the conveyer and forklifts and then loading and trucking to site. Oh yea a few surveyers and engineers were involved. Anyway few thousand jobs made. Now I'm glad that some congressman didn't get his way making sure the pipeline came through his district even though the risk was too high, so that he could get a few dollars to get elected again....Obama has our back not some rich guy wanting to get richer. Nothing wrong with making money just not at our expense.

Who made this statement and is being "called out" here?

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    Who made this statement and is being "called out" here?

john
    Bad batch of Meth.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Uuummm, no one said children would be hired for pipe jobs. The jobs for kids would be simple jobs suited to kids. However............some children would have more smarts than some adults !!!!!!!
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Mikey

Is it possible for you to once, just once, not shoot to the extreme far left and join in a civil debate without wise A$$ comments.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Uuummm, no one said children would be hired for pipe jobs. The jobs for kids would be simple jobs suited to kids. However............some children would have more smarts than some adults !!!!!!!
    So now you want to do away with the child labor laws. You have lost your mine. Lets bust the unions and put kids back in the sweat shops. I know their had to some agenda for doing away with the unions...didn't think it was this extreme.