The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Keystone Pipeline Lie

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    I'll be the first one to agree that children need to learn how to work. One of the largest problems facing this country. The labor laws around children are not keeping them from working. It is the lack of work values most are missing and the fact they don't have to work to get what they want. I learned how to work at a very young age and it has served me well. These young adults working for us don't value the job or the pay because mom and dad take care of their every need. Albeit I didn't want to see everything I worked for go down the drain in a great depression, that probably what is going to have to occur to correct this sense of entitlement that has been put in our kids. So we are in agreement...just not changing the rules so that greedy folks can exploit children.

Like you I started working at a young age...but in defense of some of the kids today , their parents worked hard and long so their kids wouldnt have to go thru what we went thru, in effect we have spoiled the current generation and taken away their work ethic, they have been coddled since birth, Hopefully they will never know what its like to turn in empty soda bottles for pocket change, they will never know what a paper route is or cutting lawns and washing cars, just so they could afford a varsity jacket...One of the bad side effects of mom/dad working full time so their kids can live the high life is that many of life's lessons never get taught
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Maybe you can hire some of those children to tutor you with your grammar.

You mean his granma can't spell either..........Soory but that was a hanginging curve ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Like you I started working at a young age...but in defense of some of the kids today , their parents worked hard and long so their kids wouldnt have to go thru what we went thru, in effect we have spoiled the current generation and taken away their work ethic, they have been coddled since birth, Hopefully they will never know what its like to turn in empty soda bottles for pocket change, they will never know what a paper route is or cutting lawns and washing cars, just so they could afford a varsity jacket...One of the bad side effects of mom/dad working full time so their kids can live the high life is that many of life's lessons never get taught
    I made that mistake with my boy. I gave him everything and he grew up thinking I and the world owed him something. He is learning the lessons you and I learned the hard way right now. Give him a view more years and he might have a clue. In hindsight, I should have made him work for a soda, so he would appreciated everything he got.

I made that mistake with my boy. I gave him everything and he grew up thinking I and the world owed him something. He is learning the lessons you and I learned the hard way right now. Give him a view more years and he might have a clue. In hindsight, I should have made him work for a soda, so he would appreciated everything he got.
    Congratulations ! Best post you have ever made on this forum.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

But ideologically, you are a proponent for GIVING people everything for nothing, on my dime!!!

A walking oxymoron...............
    Stan b & Elvis

Give people a job let them pay for their own health care, food, clothes, rent etc if they work hard and need help thats what the Govt is here for but let them work Obama cannot create any jobs lets face it its been 4 yrs. They cant sit back and expect everything to be handed to them , We need Jobs! We need them fast 3000 Navy enlisted men and women are losing their jobs and in the next month 120,000 defense contractors will be getting their pink slips.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-09-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    But ideologically, you are a proponent for GIVING people everything for nothing, on my dime!!!

A walking oxymoron...............
    No I'm not...you obviously have not heard anything I say. I'm for giving people that need it help and not for giving those that don't more help!

I have many times said that I don't like people that don't want to work getting money. I am also smart enough to know that if they didn't get it this way they would find another way...and that way is stealing and I don't think even with as many bullet as the NRA has scared you into stockpiling you could keep them held off.

There are a lot of hard working people out there that can't afford the basic necessities...like healthcare. Don't say they need to get a better paying job because they don't have the skills and we would have people to do the work we don't want to do or are to good to do...but we have Mexico for that.

It is not as simple as you or Romney try to make it and if by some chance he was to get elected. Tell me in 4 years how he changed the wellfare system. If it was so broke why didn't Bush fix it. It's a tired arguement that comes up everytime a republican wants back in the whitehouse. Surely you are smart enough to figure that out. Just like the promise of tax cuts that we can't afford nor need when we have skyrocketing debt. And old arguement that we can cut taxes and afford them by cutting spending...the last three republican presidents made that promise and did the opposite except the tax cutting part. Then you blame the democrats and write lies to shed the blame on them.

Now I know you are not that for from retirement and mark my words all those dimes you saved the be able to hunt and fish and train dogs in you old age you are going to need to buy food when they turn the inflation tax on to pay for these tax cuts and wars that they put on a credit card. You might start working on your social skills so they will hire you as a greeter at WalMart so that you can cover the difference in you medical cost when your volcher is not enough. But its all good, you gave the folks that should be paying more taxes a break and then want you to tell me how well that is trickling down to you. Bust them damn unions that you despise so much and the buddies that you have that paid their dues will be enjoying their retirement because those union pension plans kept up with inflation
    Last edited by menmon; 09-09-2012 at 05:26 PM.