The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Keystone Pipeline Lie

Maybe you can hire some of those children to tutor you with your grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    So now you want to do away with the child labor laws. You have lost your mine. Lets bust the unions and put kids back in the sweat shops. I know their had to some agenda for doing away with the unions...didn't think it was this extreme.
    Your intelligence amazes me

So now you want to do away with the child labor laws. You have lost your mine. Lets bust the unions and put kids back in the sweat shops. I know their had to some agenda for doing away with the unions...didn't think it was this extreme.

Uuummmm, never knew that I had a mine. My memory must be worse tnan I thought. I firmly believe that children need to learn to work at an early age. Sweat shops "NO" but some learning experience is very helpful to a well rounded adult with knowledge. It is a very important part of education. Children not learning to work is part of the problem with people in the USA. Do you have to take the ball and run the wrong way every time ?
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Uuummmm, never knew that I had a mine. My memory must be worse tnan I thought. I firmly believe that children need to learn to work at an early age. Sweat shops "NO" but some learning experience is very helpful to a well rounded adult with knowledge. It is a very important part of education. Children not learning to work is part of the problem with people in the USA. Do you have to take the ball and run the wrong way every time ?
    I agree with that but not doing away with labor laws. It takes parent effort...not punt them to some employer to be a parent for you.

I agree with that but not doing away with labor laws. It takes parent effort...not punt them to some employer to be a parent for you.
    Why not, you libs like the schools to be the parents?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Why not, you libs like the schools to be the parents?
    LOL!!! omg, are you here all week?
    that's hilarious...sorry .... hallarryus.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Just a quick work history..........family farm ( dob 1937 ), by age 8 stripped cows for sis who sometimes did all the milking by hand ( she was a little over 3 years older than me ). Parents in the field ALL day. Sis and I did other farm chores/work. 7th and 8th grade I helped an Aunt with her little cafe in a small town. Then the Aunt moved to a big city to take a job. I moved with her. I was not old enough to work according to state law there. I spent 90 % or more of my free time in the little public library near the apartment ( I could have been working ! ). Next few years I worked in the school cafeteria. I was not worked to death at all any of that time. Most of it was good learning experience. I must say that the manager of that cafeteria was a good but stern boss. I liked her and that first job for wages was good for me. Bosses can be a very good learning experience just like working for your own parents. There are good and bad in both instances.
    Kids who have came from homes where they never had to work are usually spoiled and make very poor workers. Stepping down off of soap box now.........
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Gunners Up View Post
    J Dogger,

Gunners Up components are mfg. here in Tulsa and overseas. Final assembly is done here in Tulsa, much like a Ford or Chevy Pickup has parts from around the world but assembled here. But I understand the gist of your question and I know the snide point your trying to make. To answer your question more fully, it would be best to not focus your attention entirely on Gunners Up. Over the last 13 years my business partner and I have sweated and toiled to create 5 different companies all of which are still in operation today. From the 5 companies, we have created and sustained over 60 jobs here in Tulsa. A major portion of these jobs are mfg. positions for the home building industry (Wood Mill) and the auto body repair industry. The auto body jobs are actually honest to goodness "Green Jobs" where we recycle & re-mfg. damaged auto bumpers (Normally these are thrown away into a landfill) and resell these back into the auto market. So not only are we truly re-cycling we are employing skilled auto body techs to repair these bumpers. A WIN/WIN in my opinion.

So having understood the underlying meaning of your question and having answered it in full, let me ask you this? How many US JOBS have you created lately?

Trying to do my part in Tulsa regards,

RD
    Relax RD. I own your products and like them. It was just a simple question. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Just a quick work history..........family farm ( dob 1937 ), by age 8 stripped cows for sis who sometimes did all the milking by hand ( she was a little over 3 years older than me ). Parents in the field ALL day. Sis and I did other farm chores/work. 7th and 8th grade I helped an Aunt with her little cafe in a small town. Then the Aunt moved to a big city to take a job. I moved with her. I was not old enough to work according to state law there. I spent 90 % or more of my free time in the little public library near the apartment ( I could have been working ! ). Next few years I worked in the school cafeteria. I was not worked to death at all any of that time. Most of it was good learning experience. I must say that the manager of that cafeteria was a good but stern boss. I liked her and that first job for wages was good for me. Bosses can be a very good learning experience just like working for your own parents. There are good and bad in both instances.
    Kids who have came from homes where they never had to work are usually spoiled and make very poor workers. Stepping down off of soap box now.........
    I grew up on a farm and my dad was my boss. Great way to raise a kid if you can. I have tried employeeing kids at my pet resort and it does not work, but when I have there are good guidelines or rules on their employment. Having said that, I have one boy that does walks and pampering and is very responsible. His older sister works for me too and she is very good...but it is due to the parenting. The other ones parents are the ones that want them to have the job not the kids and the kids show up with a non-caring attitude and if repremind you are dealing now with the parent and their child would never lie or do anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    Mikey

Is it possible for you to once, just once, not shoot to the extreme far left and join in a civil debate without wise A$$ comments.

Richard
    I'll be the first one to agree that children need to learn how to work. One of the largest problems facing this country. The labor laws around children are not keeping them from working. It is the lack of work values most are missing and the fact they don't have to work to get what they want. I learned how to work at a very young age and it has served me well. These young adults working for us don't value the job or the pay because mom and dad take care of their every need. Albeit I didn't want to see everything I worked for go down the drain in a great depression, that probably what is going to have to occur to correct this sense of entitlement that has been put in our kids. So we are in agreement...just not changing the rules so that greedy folks can exploit children.