The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How Is This For Class?

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    I just play devil's advocate.............. Make sense?
    Murral,
    I have read your last three posts, and stood up and poured a bier.
    Very well worded post about your beliefs. Very nice.
    Please take this to heart as at a glance it may seem a joke.
    But you need to know.
    The Devil is a Republican, and so are you.
    But it is O.K. your not the first I have had the pleasure of pointing this out to.
    Welcome to the party of free Men.
    don't scoff, in Lincolns time that was a politicaly correct slogan!! for real, look it up.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

If we want to make assumptions; Most of the rich folks I know that inherited their money are Liberals. Most of the self-made folks I know are Conservatives. Most of the smart people I know are now Libertarians

The Dems don't care anymore for the downtrodden than the Repubs. They get their power from playing Robinhood when the reality is they are only looking out for themselves. The Repubs are more focused on doing away with Planned Parenthood and Public Broadcasting than balancing the budget. Actions always speak louder than words!

Will the real Mitt Romney speak up and stop pretending to be something he is not. Same for Obama, the puppet of the far left.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-06-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Sounds to me like you have some issues. Thought about seeing a shrink?
    I went to a shrink some time ago. Went for 2 visits and everything seemed good. Went back for my third visit and the shrink was laying on the couch telling me that I had his mind screwed up after only 2 sessions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Murral,
    I have read your last three posts, and stood up and poured a bier.
    Very well worded post about your beliefs. Very nice.
    Please take this to heart as at a glance it may seem a joke.
    But you need to know.
    The Devil is a Republican, and so are you.
    But it is O.K. your not the first I have had the pleasure of pointing this out to.
    Welcome to the party of free Men.
    don't scoff, in Lincolns time that was a politicaly correct slogan!! for real, look it up.
    Thanks Ken,
    Now I don't have the identity crisis any more. HA HA HA!!!

Banned

This is what my shrink told me when I went.dr phil.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Sounds to me like you have some issues. Thought about seeing a shrink?
    Thinking the same myself, seems to believe he has a monopoly on things being tough but that's as it goes. Must be the new generation of SD kids.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I'm just a lowly farm kid and I despise the "rich kids". I particularly don't like Ryan because to me, he has that phony smile that makes him look like he is smiling the whole time that he is sticking a knife in someone's back. Just as phony as the day is long.
    I am no real fan of rich KIDS myself, but wealthy adults, especially those that have made it themselves and really especially those that have done as much humanitarian work as Romney has done are a different matter. As to not liking Romney's smile, you need to go compare the look on Obama's face with Mussolini. They share the arms across the chest, chin tilted up, head-bob. Really spooky.

If you would read some about Romney, you might find out that he is pretty genuine, follows the best teachings of his faith, gives his time, work, and money to improve the lot of his fellow man. Seems like a real bad guy to me.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Banned

It's not Romney's smile, it's Paul Ryan's smile that I think is phony. Trust me, you don't get to be as rich as he is by being a person that is thinking about his fellow man. They trample on anybody that gets in their way and don't lose any sleep over it. Just keep counting the money. I have met people of his wealth and stature and worked with them. Most of them would eat their own young, if they thought it would help them make more money. Not saying that Mr. Romney is that way. I don't personally know the man to really know what he is or is not about. Only what I have seen on the tube. I don't know if Obama is genuine either. Just what I've seen on the tube.

It's not Romney's smile, it's Paul Ryan's smile that I think is phony. Trust me, you don't get to be as rich as he is by being a person that is thinking about his fellow man. They trample on anybody that gets in their way and don't lose any sleep over it. Just keep counting the money. I have met people of his wealth and stature and worked with them. Most of them would eat their own young, if they thought it would help them make more money. Not saying that Mr. Romney is that way. I don't personally know the man to really know what he is or is not about. Only what I have seen on the tube. I don't know if Obama is genuine either. Just what I've seen on the tube.

That's a pretty cynical view of a lot of people you never met.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Facts are not spin just because you don't like them. It is a FACT that the ranch was called Niggerhead long before the Perry's began leasing it. It is a FACT that the segregated South was run by Democrats. It is a FACT that it was primarily Democrats that fought integration. George Wallace (a Democrat) was the guy famous for saying "In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever." Also George who stood in the doorway at the University of Alabama to prevent the enrollment of its first two black students, so it is not spin to point out that when many of these "offensive" names were bestowed, it is very likely that it was Democrats who did it. You only see it as spin because the FACTS lead to conclusions contrary to your (erroneous) preconceptions. Clearly you forget that Lincoln (the Great Emancipator) was a Republican and you didn't consider what effect that had on political affiliations in the south.

One other minor detail is the fact that the Perry's don't own the property, they simply lease hunting rights, something folks not from this area might not fully appreciate. Leasing a pasture doesn't necessarily give one "naming rights". You can name the lodge, you can name the camp, but you wouldn't generally get to change the name of the ranch.
    HPL what is the name of the individual that gave the ranch the name?