The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: How Is This For Class?

  1. #11
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Just a little something for ya to ponder why republicans are stereotyped as racists. what's the name of the ranch that Rick Perry leases?Attachment 8714
    Rick Perry didn't name it, and considering the history of the political parties in the south and in Texas, it is almost certain that that name was bestowed by a Democrat. Don't forget that Lincoln was a Republican and that the entire South, and Texas, was Democrat until pretty recently. When place names like that were put in place, the landowners, bankers, businessmen, etc were almost universally Democrat. After all, George Wallace was a Democrat.
    Last edited by HPL; 09-05-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Rick Perry didn't name it, and considering the history of the political parties in the south and in Texas, it is almost certain that that name was bestowed by a Democrat. Don't forget that Lincoln was a Republican and that the entire South, and Texas, was Democrat until pretty recently. When place names like that were put in place, the landowners, bankers, businessmen, etc were almost universally Democrat.
    Gotta love the Spin Machine.

  3. #13
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Gotta love the Spin Machine.
    Not sure I understand your point.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Not sure I understand your point.
    There is none - it's MN's version of whatshisname
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    There is none - it's MN's version of whatshisname
    Here Marvin let me dumb it down for you. Perry's family hunting camp was known as Niggerhead Ranch, HPL tried to "spin it" by saying it was PROBABLY named that by some unknown democrat at some unknown time in history, that is known as spinning a story. If you still don't understand feel free to Google it.

  6. #16
    Senior Member coachmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    877

    Default

    Do you really think you can generalize to include all republicans because of that? Please! Intended for mural.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Just a little something for ya to ponder why republicans are stereotyped as racists. what's the name of the ranch that Rick Perry leases?Attachment 8714
    Murral, nice to finally see someone with a sense of humor on here.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,852

    Default

    Just an FYI ... it was the Perry's who changed the name of the ranch. This was old news a long while ago.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  9. #19
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Here Marvin let me dumb it down for you. Perry's family hunting camp was known as Niggerhead Ranch, HPL tried to "spin it" by saying it was PROBABLY named that by some unknown democrat at some unknown time in history, that is known as spinning a story. If you still don't understand feel free to Google it.
    Facts are not spin just because you don't like them. It is a FACT that the ranch was called Niggerhead long before the Perry's began leasing it. It is a FACT that the segregated South was run by Democrats. It is a FACT that it was primarily Democrats that fought integration. George Wallace (a Democrat) was the guy famous for saying "In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever." Also George who stood in the doorway at the University of Alabama to prevent the enrollment of its first two black students, so it is not spin to point out that when many of these "offensive" names were bestowed, it is very likely that it was Democrats who did it. You only see it as spin because the FACTS lead to conclusions contrary to your (erroneous) preconceptions. Clearly you forget that Lincoln (the Great Emancipator) was a Republican and you didn't consider what effect that had on political affiliations in the south.

    One other minor detail is the fact that the Perry's don't own the property, they simply lease hunting rights, something folks not from this area might not fully appreciate. Leasing a pasture doesn't necessarily give one "naming rights". You can name the lodge, you can name the camp, but you wouldn't generally get to change the name of the ranch.
    Last edited by HPL; 09-06-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  10. #20
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Facts are not spin just because you don't like them. It is a FACT .........

    Yee Haw and a rousing RIGHT ON!!!!!

    I love it when folk tell the truth and are blamed for "spinning"
    "oh that can't be the truth 'cause it is aganst my side"
    HA! The Dems were and are the slave holders.
    Once they used whips and chains. Now, welfair checks.
    You can keep a rat in a cage with a stick, or a cookie.
    It's still in a cage
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •