The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How Is This For Class?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Thinking the same myself, seems to believe he has a monopoly on things being tough but that's as it goes. Must be the new generation of SD kids.
    Nope, I don't have a monopoly on things being tough. There are lots of people less fortunate than me. I just had my own experiences with the rich, snooty kids, that left a sour taste in my mouth. Funny thing is, even after all these years, at class reunions, they still look down their noses at me. They never had to work for anything they have. They got their high falootin jobs and 6 digit incomes because of who their daddy is, not because of being more qualified than somebody that has been there doing a job and has first hand experience of how things really work. Just went to school on daddy's money barely got a 2.0 avg and walked into a big time job.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Nope, I don't have a monopoly on things being tough. There are lots of people less fortunate than me. I just had my own experiences with the rich, snooty kids, that left a sour taste in my mouth. Funny thing is, even after all these years, at class reunions, they still look down their noses at me. They never had to work for anything they have. They got their high falootin jobs and 6 digit incomes because of who their daddy is, not because of being more qualified than somebody that has been there doing a job and has first hand experience of how things really work. Just went to school on daddy's money barely got a 2.0 avg and walked into a big time job.
    Why would you give a rats a$$ what they think?
    Bill Davis

Banned

I honestly don't know why it aggravates me the way it does. Probably just the way they treated me growing up. Maybe after all these years, I hope they would acknowledge the fact, that a kid from the wrong side of the tracks, actually made good out of nothing.

I honestly don't know why it aggravates me the way it does. Probably just the way they treated me growing up. Maybe after all these years, I hope they would acknowledge the fact, that a kid from the wrong side of the tracks, actually made good out of nothing.
    At the end of the day, what anyone else thinks...makes not one bit of difference in your life. I say to hell with all of them. Next time you go to one of those reunions, act like you own the place and don't give THEM the time of day.

My only caveat is... don't judge the rest of the world by the crowd you knew growing up... and how you felt about them then...

Probably pretty good guys if you had a beer with 'em...
    Last edited by huntinman; 09-06-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Bill Davis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    At the end of the day, what anyone else thinks...makes not one bit of difference in your life. I say to hell with all of them. Next time you go to one of those reunions, act like you own the place and don't give THEM the time of day.
    Great advice. Thanks, I think I'll do that and see how they take it. Could be kinda humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    HPL what is the name of the individual that gave the ranch the name?
    To begin with, the ranch isn't known as niggerhead, just that small division from what I can find out. the Ranch originally belonged to Tom and Ida Nations Hendrick. Tom moved from Kentucky to Texas in the early 1870's (certainly makes it reasonable to think that there was a better than even chance that he was Democrat). As the owners of the ranch, certainly some chance that they named that division, however, if you are acquainted with the way names are frequently bestowed on places like this, it could just as easily have been some cowhand trying to describe the area to the boss or another cowhand. I didn't say that I knew who named the property, just that considering the historical political affiliations in post civil war Texas it is at least as likely that it was a Democrat as a Republican. It is very clearly a FACT that Rick Perry had NOTHING to do with bestowing that name.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    To begin with, the ranch isn't known as niggerhead, just that small division from what I can find out. the Ranch originally belonged to Tom and Ida Nations Hendrick. Tom moved from Kentucky to Texas in the early 1870's (certainly makes it reasonable to think that there was a better than even chance that he was Democrat). As the owners of the ranch, certainly some chance that they named that division, however, if you are acquainted with the way names are frequently bestowed on places like this, it could just as easily have been some cowhand trying to describe the area to the boss or another cowhand. I didn't say that I knew who named the property, just that considering the historical political affiliations in post civil war Texas it is at least as likely that it was a Democrat as a Republican. It is very clearly a FACT that Rick Perry had NOTHING to do with bestowing that name.
    Thank you, all I was saying is you were trying to spin things, you have no idea if it was a Republican or Democrat but instead of just letting it go you went on a rant. No where did anyone say Perry had anything to do with bestowing the name.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sluts-...rticle/2507187

"Consider the dozens of pink-shirted Planned Parent representatives. As the crowds stroll by, they yell out "Get your 'Protect yourself from Romney and Ryan condom,'" as they hand out pink condom packages with a single condom appropriately dyed blue."

"Aspen, Colorado delegate Blanca O'Leary, for example, sported a "Sluts Vote," button, a reference to the word Limbaugh used to describe Fluke. Said O'Leary, "All women should have the right to birth control.""

Dems keeping it classy!
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

It's not Romney's smile, it's Paul Ryan's smile that I think is phony. Trust me, you don't get to be as rich as he is by being a person that is thinking about his fellow man. They trample on anybody that gets in their way and don't lose any sleep over it. Just keep counting the money. I have met people of his wealth and stature and worked with them. Most of them would eat their own young, if they thought it would help them make more money. Not saying that Mr. Romney is that way. I don't personally know the man to really know what he is or is not about. Only what I have seen on the tube. I don't know if Obama is genuine either. Just what I've seen on the tube.
    I actually feel better knowing Romney made a bunch of money in the private sector, BEFORE he got into politics. I have less respect for those who went into politics "poor" and are now quite wealthy after years in Congress (like Biden, Pelosi, Obama, Clintons).

As for whether he has a heart, you may have missed some of the RNC speeches (I usually read or listen to that stuff on my computer at my convenience). For example, Romney closed down his Boston office to move everyone to NYC to help in the search for the daughter of an employee whose daughter had gone missing. I hadn't heard of that incident before the RNC.

I have noted one chink in Romney's shining armor (so far) ... investment funds for Bain came from individuals who may have had ties to drug cartels in Columbia.

I think, too, that there is some conflict over the MA health care program issue v. Obamacare. There are programs that can work well at a state level that can not be "translated" into national programs. Romney has often said that he told Obama's staff, when they asked for his input on Obamacare, that MA plan would not be right for a national program. I've noted that the Obama administration has never refuted that claim. You'd think they would have, wouldn't you?

We can't be sure that the Obama campaign has unleashed all the "dirt" they have been able to dig up on Romney and Ryan. They were probably prepared with plenty of background investigation on both of them. Are they waiting for a more "crucial" moment to unload something "major"? So far all their attacks on Romney have been shown to be a real "stretch" in extrapolation.

And we should keep in mind that Obama did NOT "work his way up" out of poverty. He actually was pretty well off, and his struggle seems to have been that he had not been part of the struggles of his father and grandfather in Africa. From his position of being pretty comfortable, he was able to dabble in the liberal causes. His Chicago connections brought him financial means (Reszko, for example); as did his books.

I've always thought that TWO autobiographies for such a young man had to be some "structured" PR for his political career. And now we find that those theoretically non-fiction books may not have been exactly totally non-fiction.

I think the big problem with the Obama stimulus (as distinguished from the bank bailout under Bush) was that it was supposed to go into "shovel ready" projects that would produce jobs and infrastructure. In the end, a lot of it went to "maintain" public sector jobs that already existed (teachers, firemen, police). While those public service jobs are necessary ones, now the funds are gone and the state and local govts have to cut jobs that were only temporarily saved.

One does not have to look far for abuse in those areas of fire and police unions. There are a couple of glaring examples here in my local area.

And I absolutely agree with many on the forum that the abuses of govt elite are NOT limited to one party. Both have a plenty long "rap sheet" for waste, thievery, cronyism, etc.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Thank you, all I was saying is you were trying to spin things, you have no idea if it was a Republican or Democrat but instead of just letting it go you went on a rant. No where did anyone say Perry had anything to do with bestowing the name.
    Still not spin. Although it is certainly true that we don't know exactly who named that division of the Hendricks property, it is a FACT that there is little reason to believe that the name has anything to do with Perry's position on race. The spin was when his political enemies implied that leasing the hunting rights to a piece of property that historically had a currently politically incorrect name somehow made Rick Perry a racist. I would hold that it no more makes him a racist than fishing at a point in Baffin Bay with the same name makes my friends racist. Everything I wrote was FACT. Sorry if it offends your perceptions. I also take exception to your description of my calm, well worded comment as a rant.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com