The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Worth noting: Last of the Mohicans (1992)

  1. #1
    Senior Member helencalif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    in the mountains at Lake Almanor, CA
    Posts
    2,006

    Default Worth noting: Last of the Mohicans (1992)

    Ken Bora mentioned leaving the first lady's speech and going to watch "The Last of the Mohicans" and loving the beautiful scenery of this movie which starred Daniel Day Lewis and was made in 1992. Since this is one of my favorite movies -- for the scenery, for the music, for the story -- I googled it. The entire film was made at various locations in North Carolina.

    I thought the Mohicans were in the Finger Lakes region of NY. Not so. They were in the Hudson River Valley. The Iroquois, Mohawks, and other tribes were in the Finger Lakes region.

    If you have not seen the movie, do so. It is a good one IMHO.

    Helen
    Don's girls:
    FC AFC Flyway's Ruby B. Gonia - a Carbon daughter and now a grandma (my avatar)
    AFC Flyway's Long Tall Sally - Ruby's daughter
    Flyway's Iron Lady (Maggie) - Ruby's granddaughter. Maggie's the new puppy in the house.

  2. #2
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    I just watch it because I like Madeline Stowe...brutal movie...love watching the villain Wes Studi (Magua) get his at the hands of Chingachgook
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  3. #3
    Senior Member Lesa Cozens Dauphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NW Tarrant County TX
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Great movie!!! The music is just wonderful. And the scenery is stunning.

    lesa c
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers

  4. #4
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,088

    Default

    Great movie. If Obama had been around back then we would be up to our arses in Mohicans today.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Great movie. If Obama had been around back then we would be up to our arses in Mohicans today.
    You've totally lost me.......

    However, i agree it is a great movie for all of the reasons already posted.

    -another great movie (in my opinion) is Rob Roy.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Lesa Cozens Dauphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NW Tarrant County TX
    Posts
    702

    Default

    I've seen Rob Roy also, great sword fighting scenes. Gruesome, but great!

    Love, love, love movies regards...

    lesa c
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers

  7. #7
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Ken Bora mentioned leaving the first lady's speech and going to watch "The Last of the Mohicans" and loving the beautiful scenery of this movie which starred Daniel Day Lewis and was made in 1992. Since this is one of my favorite movies -- for the scenery, for the music, for the story -- I googled it. The entire film was made at various locations in North Carolina.

    I thought the Mohicans were in the Finger Lakes region of NY. Not so. They were in the Hudson River Valley. The Iroquois, Mohawks, and other tribes were in the Finger Lakes region.

    If you have not seen the movie, do so. It is a good one IMHO.

    Helen
    I usually don't see a movie a second time but "The Last of the Mohicans" is one of those I watch a couple times a year times a year. Two others I watch are " Das Boot" and The Last Picture Show".
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I just watch it because I like Madeline Stowe...brutal movie...love watching the villain Wes Studi (Magua) get his at the hands of Chingachgook

    my very good friend Jim Greene had a real hand carved war axe just like the one used in that scene.
    very very old
    so heavy, for just wood. Hardhack they thought. Do not know if you have it in the south.
    and they would run all day with it! Wow!
    hard core!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  9. #9
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    ...up to our arses in Mohicans today.
    I'd be a better world.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  10. #10
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I'd be a better world.
    Probably so.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •