The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Michigin Governor

Default Former Michigin Governor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKux363Dg64

"Bain Capital did not want to help" President Obama came in and saved the auto industry"

Isn't GM failing again?
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

I guess I should pay more attention to my spelling.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKux363Dg64

"Bain Capital did not want to help" President Obama came in and saved the auto industry"

Isn't GM failing again?
    Nope, it is well and alive and generating new product lines some of which we will see shortly. GM plants are hiring and the company is profitable.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Nope, it is well and alive and generating new product lines some of which we will see shortly. GM plants are hiring and the company is profitable.
    How about the Volt? How is it coming along??
    Bill Davis

If sales are up only due to Government buying it, are sales really up?

The Volt is so awesome they stopped production recently.

GM profit crumbles 41 percent 8/3/2012

GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    How about the Volt? How is it coming along??
    The Volt was always going to be a niche car, designed in 2006 (long before bailouts), mainly for the urban commuter. It was never going to be a big seller by anyone's estimation. It suffered from a non competitive price as well as technology the public wasn't quite ready to accept.

Businesses don't always make the best decisions on product line--the Edsel and the Pacer are examples. The Volt never became a public favorite but it unlikely to sink the company.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

General Motors' profits fell 41% in the second quarter as troubles in Europe undercut strong sales in North America.

America's largest automaker made $1.5bn in the second quarter of 2012, compared with $2.5bn for the same period last year. Revenue fell to $37.6bn from $39.4bn in the second quarter of 2011. The results exceeded analysts' estimates, but further underlined Europe's drag on the US economy.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

GM & Ford have strong presences in Europe and have been hurt financially as a result. Ford's Q2 eanings were down 57%. Chrysler was less affected because they don't have much of a presence in Europe. However, Fiat lost 152 million euros for the 2nd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    The Volt was always going to be a niche car, designed in 2006 (long before bailouts), mainly for the urban commuter. It was never going to be a big seller by anyone's estimation. It suffered from a non competitive price as well as technology the public wasn't quite ready to accept.

Businesses don't always make the best decisions on product line--the Edsel and the Pacer are examples. The Volt never became a public favorite but it unlikely to sink the company.
    Actually a series of bad decisions like the Volt did manage to sink the company, GM is only in exsistance today because of the taxpayer.