The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Michigin Governor

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    The Volt was always going to be a niche car, designed in 2006 (long before bailouts), mainly for the urban commuter. It was never going to be a big seller by anyone's estimation. It suffered from a non competitive price as well as technology the public wasn't quite ready to accept.

Businesses don't always make the best decisions on product line--the Edsel and the Pacer are examples. The Volt never became a public favorite but it unlikely to sink the company.
    and here i was thinking it suffered from batteries catching fire, costing thousands to replace, recharging problems, and insurance companies shying away from insuring them.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    and here i was thinking it suffered from batteries catching fire, costing thousands to replace, recharging problems, and insurance companies shying away from insuring them.
    HaHa!! not to mention the fact that the public perception of it was right up there with the Yugo...
    Bill Davis

If you think I'm defending that thing, I'm not. I bought an F150. You know where my sympathies lie.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    If you think I'm defending that thing, I'm not. I bought an F150. You know where my sympathies lie.
    No, I wasn't throwing that at you Sarge... just dangling a little bait for Blackstone but he didn't bite!
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    No, I wasn't throwing that at you Sarge... just dangling a little bait for Blackstone but he didn't bite!
    Bill, while I don't always agree with Blackstone, I think he's a fairly sharp guy & would make a good friend JMO.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Bill, while I don't always agree with Blackstone, I think he's a fairly sharp guy & would make a good friend JMO.
    I agree Marvin, I like Blackstone.
    He and I and Bon are planning a hunting trip this fall.

But that's just my opinion, what do I know...................
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

I think he's very sharp too. I like a lot of his posts. He did defend the Volt pretty strongly though... Come on, its a forum
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I think he's very sharp too. I like a lot of his posts. He did defend the Volt pretty strongly though... Come on, its a forum
    Thanks for the compliment. However, if you knew me, you would realize I am rarely goaded into anything.

I did not ďdefendĒ the Volt. There is no reason for me to defend it. I didnít design it, and Iím not trying to sell it. I only corrected the inaccurate statements made about Volt. The technology in the vehicle is cutting edge, itís sound, and it performs as it was designed to. As I said on several occasions, the market will determine whether or not it is a success. At this point, the price, not the performance, has been the biggest deterrent to sales. However, if gas prices continue to climb, that could change. Sales have continued to improve over the course of this year. GM is now selling about 2,000+ per month. They had sold about 13,300 by the end of Aug. While that is still a far cry from what they predicted they would sell in 2012, it is improving.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Thanks, Stan. I sent you a pm, but didn't hear back from you. Let me know your plans.

My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~