The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Electoral College

Default Electoral College

I recently saw a graphic with predictions on how the Electoral College will turn out this coming November. This map showed Romney barely winning, it was all based on recent polls. The thing that struck me on this map was the vast disparity in the amount of the country that "voted" for each contender. How is it that Obama can win alot fewer states but the right states and still make it a close election ( this prediction)? We are a large and great country but the feeling that my vote doesn't really have an effect bothers me. My state only has 3 electoral votes, Califorina has 47.

Quote Originally Posted by PMG 131 View Post
    I recently saw a graphic with predictions on how the Electoral College will turn out this coming November. This map showed Romney barely winning, it was all based on recent polls. The thing that struck me on this map was the vast disparity in the amount of the country that "voted" for each contender. How is it that Obama can win alot fewer states but the right states and still make it a close election ( this prediction)? We are a large and great country but the feeling that my vote doesn't really have an effect bothers me. My state only has 3 electoral votes, Califorina has 47.
    Sadly, without the "Electoral College", and the reasoning behind it, our 3 votes would be lost in the shuffle. Just think what would happen if the 'progressives' have their way, and kill the EC and just make the entire election a popularity vote. THEN, rather than a 47 to 3 difference between us and California, it would be around 38 million to 800,000.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I just don't like the disparity growing between urban and rural. A lady on the news the other day had no clue where the food in her supermarket came from, she just said the store had to make more.

having grown up on the west coast, I am very disturbed that both Calif and NY have such a large media presence and such an overwhelming EC number, way too tough a combination to overcome
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"