The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOD violating Military voter law

Banned

Well I saw it on "The Ed Show". He's not biased is he? I didn't think you could say anything on TV that's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    What chafes my satchel fellers is…….
    The person at home, right here. Often, in my area anyway, volunteers. Your basic cookie making gossip granny. Refusing to accept the ballot from the deployed person because some picayune local hoop is not jumped through. The intent to vote is clear and because of the nature of how they received the ballot. The voter is clearly named and identified. And yet the same gossip granny, more often then naught, lets any Tom, Dick or Harry walk up in person with no ID at all, and vote!
    And is not breaking any law! A big ol’ WTF !
    Sorry your grannies are not like ours here in Osage county, OK. No one walks in and votes without proper ID. Lived here and voted here since 1977 and have always had to show proper ID before voting ( and sign my name ). Of course this is a wonderfull place to live
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

487 miles from home, but happily stationed in NE OK

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Sorry your grannies are not like ours here in Osage county, OK. No one walks in and votes without proper ID. Lived here and voted here since 1977 and have always had to show proper ID before voting ( and sign my name ). Of course this is a wonderfull place to live
    Washington County, OK is the same. My voting place is the community hall in the little po-dunk town of 100 people where I live, and Sara (who runs the convenience store, and knows everybody) says "Hi Scott, how are you doing?", she still makes me throw down my drivers license...and I have to sign my name.
    Scott Vermeer

Bluegoose's Cut of Jazztime, aka Carver
    The new kid: Sophie, whose registered name will come to us soon enough....

Forever with me:

RockErin's Island Code 01/2012-06/2013...Koda, your promise and my dream ended way too soon. Them 2 yeller dawgs will help you find your way...

Vammy's Chasing The Light 10/98-2/2011...Chase, you rocked. Now go find Bailey, and "hunt up!".

Bailey 6/85-12/99...just a purebred, unregistered meat dawg...but what a girl. You were awesome, pook'ems...

Quote Originally Posted by Vammy View Post
    Washington County, OK is the same. My voting place is the community hall in the little po-dunk town of 100 people where I live, and Sara (who runs the convenience store, and knows everybody) says "Hi Scott, how are you doing?", she still makes me throw down my drivers license...and I have to sign my name.
    I spent a lot of my growing up years in that county. When Allan Jackson sings about his "muddy water" meaning so much to him I think "yep, Caney river in Washinton county". Lots of fun hunting that Caney river bottom east of the Caney river bridge on highway 75 south of Bartlesville. I sure miss that !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~