The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: *GDG* Quick Housekeeping - public apologies to Dmccarty, W. Price and DMaddox

Default *GDG* Quick Housekeeping - public apologies to Dmccarty, W. Price and DMaddox

I am publicly apologizing to Warren Price and David Maddox for the way I handled the whole "Malicious Judging thread" yesterday.

I have pulled that whole thread, although I do feel that some folks had some valid points. (not me but some others) on things that have gone well, and not so well with bank-running in hunt tests.

I also had a post to Dmccarty a while back on a jumping up correction that was perhaps a bit more assertive than needed.

Some of you may recall how I behaved back in the late 90s on here. I do try to evolve and improve as I interact with you guys and learn what works and what doesn't work. My involvement yesterday did not work and for that I apologize.

I sincerely appreciate some of the feedback a few of you have given me over the past 24 hours. Those kinds of productive exchanges are what help me improve how I do things here.

Thanks to all of you for making RTF what it is.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Man I always miss the good stuff....Pat

It's okay Chris, just remember to "Be the Peanut" next time.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

A good man will always remember his faults and own up to them fully. I was reading that thread and I could see what you were thinking when you stepped in. I'm an administrator on a large hunting forum and one of the toughest things is to know when to step in, when to let things go and if stepping in is needed how much. No one's perfect that's for sure.

You made a judgement call based on maintaining the integrity of the forum, wouldn't worry bout it if I were you. This place is moderated much better than most out there!

Quote Originally Posted by ndk3819 View Post
    You made a judgement call based on maintaining the integrity of the forum, wouldn't worry bout it if I were you. This place is moderated much better than most out there!

Like, 10 characters
    May you pin all the marks and line the blinds!!

Avatar courtesy of RTF"s TZAPPIA