I think you are way overthinking and overcomplicating this whole process.
1) it's a dog
2) the dog doesn't know what you don't know.
3) 1 reason labs and goldens are used/ bred for this is because of their forgiving nature, for the most part.
4) If you make a mistake while training the dog will forgive you and move forward
5) Training a dog to be a usefull hunter is not as hard as you are making it out to be. they may not win a competition but they will hunt and you will enjoy hunting with them.
6) spend a few bucks, buy a few books and videos. Pick one that you like. Start training.
7) you dont need $10k worth of equipment, some bumpers, heel stick, leads and chains. You dont need launchers - people can throw bumpers, that why we have arms.