The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 152 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    ...Mack Brown doesnt want a private conference, cant say the same for the AD DeLoss Dodds, first the LHN and then who knows what he wants...
    People get ready, there's a train a comin'
    You don't need no baggage, you just get on board

well they need to get ready because when Oklahoma and Oklahoma State depart there won't be much left. Try this...
    UT, TTU, TCU, SMU, Rice, Baylor, U of H, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, maybe they can add Arkansas State and ULL....

Quote Originally Posted by KNorman View Post
    Even if UT plays themselves 12 times in their own private conference, they'll still go 6-6
    the way UT has been playing the last two years 6-6 would be generous..I think they have been more into self stimulation

as compared to the SEC where the last place team in the conference can proclaim WE won the National Championship
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

For those of you SEC homers that have never been to College Station or even those that have are forgetting a few things...its still Aggieland...the recruit that is contemplating going there is NOT considering going to UT (Austin), they might be thinking Starkville (Miss) or Lubbock (Texas Tech) or even Stillwater (OkState)..Aggies think that they are escaping the shadow of the Forty Acres by going to the SEC, but all they did was open up the SEC to some of the talent that was once their domain...

Back in the day before scholarships were limited, power schools like UT, Oklahoma,Alabama and LSU could have hidden many players that would have started anywhere else with the lure of NC rings and glory.....but nowadays recruiters are turning the tables and telling the recruit would you rather sit on the bench at Power U or start right away with us...smaller and less traditional powerhouses are able to field better teams and are a star QB away from running the table and playing in a BCS bowl
    There is only one UT....and it ain't in Texas.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    There is only one UT....and it ain't in Texas.
    Puhleeeze...Tennessee is just the place that George Strait hangs out at in his spare time

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Without the Vols Texas would be Mexico just saying...
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    People get ready, there's a train a comin'
    You don't need no baggage, you just get on board

well they need to get ready because when Oklahoma and Oklahoma State depart there won't be much left. Try this...
    UT, TTU, TCU, SMU, Rice, Baylor, U of H, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, maybe they can add Arkansas State and ULL....
    We refer to them as ULALA around here, though officially ULL. Off to a 2 and 0 start with winning the SunBelt on their brain. Just hope they can hang onto thier coach as he got a raise from $250,000 last season to $800,000 this season. 40,000plus Ragin Cajun fans made the trip to their bowl game last December!
    This weekend, they have Okie St in their sights! Take the Cajuns and the 22.5 points, game is as close to a lock as they get.
    Last edited by Franco; 09-12-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Well you havent been to San Antonio lately have you ? Please send reinforcements because the Alamo is surrounded again...

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    We refer to them as ULALA around here, though officially ULL. Off to a 2 and 0 start with winning the SunBelt on their brain. Just hope they can hang onto thier coach as he got a raise from $250,000 last season to $800,000 this season. 40,000plus Ragin Cajun fans made the trip to their bowl game last December!
    This weekend, they have Okie St in their sights! Take the Cajuns and the 22.5 points, game is as close to a lock as they get.
    Now why did you have to go and jinx my sleeper pick like that ?

Well you havent been to San Antonio lately have you ? Please send reinforcements because the Alamo is surrounded again...
    Not just San Antonio either, From the Rio Grande to the Red River they are reclaiming what was lost in 1836!

Spoken like a true man of the old south.

I'm just intrested to see if Richt actully has us ready to play four quarters a game four eight more games. Until we play thirty two quarters straight, we don't deserve a shot at another SEC championship.
    GO DAWGS!
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".

We still have a few bands of rednecks up here but, I think we would be way out numbered again!!!!
    LUCK - WHEN PREPARATION MEETS REALITY!
    NAFC FC Cody Cut A Lean Grade "Grady" NAFC Paddle Creek's Pack Your Grip "Traveler"
    www.paddlecreekretrievers.com