The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 152 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    I don't think you guys are going to get much pressure from *uburn. I expect that you will grind them into a fine powder with your power running game. Florida maybe.

I am just hoping that the Tide and Tigahs are both unbeaten when we tangle in November. The Tide has a bad game coming, and I hope it is not the first Saturday in November or we will have no chance to survive it. LSU is just too good.
    You're right about that. That being said, Alabama is just on autopilot this season. It's insane watching them play. Yall made Michigan look like a high school team, and though I don't buy the Denard hype, they're not a bad football team.
    "This is for everybody in this city who's had homes that used to be wet," he said after receiving the NFC championship trophy. "This is for the city of New Orleans." -Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I want to see Z make those throws when there is pressure. Which, I think he can do but, still untested. Afterall, that is Idaho highlights we are looking at. I want to see them do the same to Auburn and Florida over the next three weekends.
    True but that bomb throw was da'bomb

It was the 3rd Qtr with 2:58 left
    3rd and 9 @ LSU 26 Zach Mettenberger pass complete to Odell Beckham for 46 yards to the Idaho 28 for a 1ST down.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?ga...90099&period=3

Quote Originally Posted by samcollett View Post
    I'm a bold man and I'm from New Orleans. There is no other possibility.
    Me too, I was whelped at Touro Infirmary on Prytania St.

I am a Katrina refugee
    Last edited by Franco; 09-19-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    But man did VT get done nasty this weekend or what!? ugly...
    Sure did, seems like they lose one every year that makes you go... Huh???????????

Mike

Two games I will be watching this weekend...

Air Force Falcons. Grandson Dano Graves #7 is a freshman somewhere in the QB depth chart. Probably on the side lines all game.

Univ of Hawaii Warriors vs. Reno. Grandson David Graves (Dano's older brother) is #14; he is #2 QB and also plays wide receiver. No telling how much game time he will get against the Wolf Pack.

Helen

PS - A correction. The Air Force game will not be televised. Bummer. We will be watching the Hawaii-Reno game. 7:30 pm PT.
    Last edited by helencalif; 09-19-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjiorle View Post
    Sure did, seems like they lose one every year that makes you go... Huh???????????

Mike
    or Two like last year. Clemson had their number twice

or Two like last year. Clemson had their number twice
    Oh yeah, Clemsons Kicker (Benton) also from Myrtle Beach just set the ACC record with a 61 yard fg. Also had some kind of stat last year like leading tackles by a kicker.
    Mike

Well going back to my comment about Z not hitting recievers in stride, I was indeed impressed to see this weekend that his throwing was much more accruate...as expected as the year goes on.

This highlight video shows some pretty good throws to include the over the shoulder BOMB towards the end.

He was very accurate against Washington. You don't lay your WRs out on deep posts with a safety waiting for him. You protect him. You throw back shoulder passes when the inside is covered. I watched Sam Bradford in person & Mett's accuracy is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    He was very accurate against Washington. You don't lay your WRs out on deep posts with a safety waiting for him. You protect him. You throw back shoulder passes when the inside is covered. I watched Sam Bradford in person & Mett's accuracy is better.
    is he the only true and legitimate heisman candidate yet? or should we wait one more game against the "booger eaters" to coronate him? if i remember, heisman talk started with "honey badger" about week four last year.

how many passes has mett completed so far this year laying on his back looking up into the overhead camera? i submit that it is a good thing lsu is deep in its recieving corps. in november most of his passes will be completed to recievers a couple of spots down on the depth chart.........when he throws the ball out of bounds and curls up in the oh shizzle position, wr's #4, 5 and 6 will get all the action!

ps i tried to watch the video to see him throw but just could not stand the music!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    ps i tried to watch the video to see him throw but just could not stand the music!
    Man that mute button is hard to press huh?