RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#198 ·
LSU is in Trouble and stands a very good chance to lose to Florida, South Carolina and Bama.

If Zach M. doesn't learn pocket awareness and Les Miles doesn't call plays to allow him to throw Darts across the middle for short yardage(Something Zach struggles with already) then the Tigers won't make it to a BCS Bowl game, much less a SHIP.

I don't think the Tigers are NC Material and would wager a bet they do not return to contend for it this year.

Maybe a BCS Bowl game 'IF' they get their act together.

Like I said earlier, we'll know a whole lot after Florida in whether or not this is the Tigers not getting up for chump teams, or if they REALLY have a problem. I think, they have problems.

#202 ·
I was embarrassed watching that game Saturday. My original plan was to leave halfway through the third, but we couldn't manage a solid game against TOWSON, a team that got walloped by Kent State. LSU played sloppy football. The defense needs a fire lit under their asses to help them remember they're not entitled to be here.

I'm worried about Florida. At this point, LSU will not make it to the BCS title game...maybe not even a bowl game.

On another note, stone cold Bama showed some pretty serious weaknesses Saturday night too.

#208 ·
On another note, stone cold Bama showed some pretty serious weaknesses Saturday night too.
Yea Bama did. They had two 70 yard+/- drive put down their throat. Which just typically doesnt happen. I'm also gettin concerned with the injuries bama are getting. Jalston Fowler out a few weeks ago with torn ACL. Sat vs ole miss. Deandre White and Dee hart went out for the yr with torn ACL(just announced). Hart injuried the same knee as last year. Luckily bama is pretty deep in both spots but it sucks to lose any players. Deon Blue had a shoulder injury, but they think he will be fine. Hopefully us having a bye week will get some nicked up players back healthy.

#203 ·
Dear god. You chicken little folks need to find another team. There is no perfect team. They all have weaknesses. NO TEAM EVER has just went out & laid it to the opposing team week after week. The Best Teams each year will look dominant a handful of times, good others, and just get away with a win in a few. Winning is winning. It's not pretty. It's not glamorous. It's surviving the season. You don't have to be the best team in the country each weekend. You just have to be the best team in the stadium.

#204 ·
Stop getting so bent out of shape about people looking at things objectively. Winning is winning, and I'll tell you right now that if LSU doesn't get their **** together, you're not going to see much more winning.

#207 ·
Stop getting so bent out of shape about people looking at things objectively.
Seriously right? I'm not blinded by my Purple & Yellow Glasses.

LSU has problems, and they need to be addressed quick-fast-and-in-a-hurry if they want to be contending for anything better than the Better Brakes Bowl.

Unfortunetly, its not just about "surviving the season".
It's ok, we'll probably make the playoffs and then adjust.

Oh and I too hate the dirt on his lip....

#205 ·
Unfortunetly, its not just about "surviving the season" you have to prove you are a dominate team to be in contention for a Nat' Championship. Beating Towson by a few and beating Auburn by a few are not the same. I am holding off on my opinion on this years team until next Saturday. Then we will know what we have. Mettenberger needs to grow a pair and be a leader! And get rid of that stupid mustache, your not good enough to try to be funny yet.

#206 ·
And don't show up to the game dressed as Ron Burgundy. You are the quarterback for an elite college football program. Act like it.

I've had my issues with his attitude since being "asked to leave" Georgia.

#209 ·
I think they'll be alright. I think Dee Hart is the biggest loss. Losing Deandre White sucks, but it's an opportunity for Cooper to step up.

The Tigers definitely have the talent to make it all the way, but they've got to put it all together. Only time will tell if that can happen.

#212 ·
All due respect to Ole Miss, which is a much-improved football team from last year, but Bama was flatter than a pancake Saturday night and won by three TDs. OM did have some short-lived success on offense, but once Bama made adjustments and forced them to pass we took over and put them away.

I'm a little curious as to why no more downfield passing when it was obvious that OM was bound and determined not to let us run, but it didn't make much difference in the outcome.

Injuries are unfortunate but a part of the game. I still look for LSU and Bama to both be improved by November 3, and I certainly expect to get LSU's best shot in that one.

#213 ·
I was curious about that as well, especially seeing that White isn't really Bama's deep threat. His YPC average is low, but that's exactly why he's so important.

#221 ·
Air Force vs. Navy tomorrow morning 8:30 a.m. PT on CBS ... I'll be watching wearing my Air Force #7 jersey. Go Falcons!

And then at 5:00 p.m. PT on CBS Sports... Hawaii vs. San Diego. Off comes the Air Force jersey and on goes my Hawaii jersey. Go Warriors!

I am recording both games for Grandpa who will miss them because he is judging a field trial.
Helen

#222 ·
Air Force vs. Navy tomorrow morning 8:30 a.m. PT on CBS ... I'll be watching wearing my Air Force #7 jersey. Go Falcons!

And then at 5:00 p.m. PT on CBS Sports... Hawaii vs. San Diego. Off comes the Air Force jersey and on goes my Hawaii jersey. Go Warriors!

I am recording both games for Grandpa who will miss them because he is judging a field trial.
Helen
Norm Chow needs to make a change at QB and play David, because the Duke transfer aint getting it done behind center, I have watched a couple of their games this year and he looks lost and has no grasp of the offense, David can move that offense

#224 · (Edited)
As Troy Landry would say CHOOT DEM GATORS..............Go Gators

OOPS TOO LATE.......

#225 ·
Stud the dud needs to get his fat a$$ out the booth, give up The OC gig, & do his gosh damn job as an OL coach. He's going to be sole responsible for getting Mett hurt @ this rate. Crappy play calling and an even worse OL. The WRs have to catch passes. Slingblade showing no nuts yet again. The personnel packages = WTF????

#242 ·
and the fact that the first Gator TD came when Minter was taken out of the game.

LSU will have major issues going forward. With injuries, we basically have a pre-season boot O-line trying to give a mediocre QB time to throw much less make a hole for a RB to run through.

Incredibly ill timed Dropped Passes, another 8+ penalties gunna be a long season, if a season at all. I don't see how they plan to fix the broken O-line in the middle of the season.

Another problem is Clement blocking ability or lack there of. He cost some key yardage by failing to block. I saw at least 4 missed(piss poor) blocks on essential 3rd and shorts.

I also found myself asking the same question I do watching the Saints. WHY ARE WE NOT RUNNING THE BALL!?!?!?!?!?

25 mere attempts? Who's fault is that? - Players don't call the plays.

my Horns defense got exposed by giving up 48 to WVU, and Mack Brown has shown what a big underachiever his teams are considering he is 0-8 against top 10 ranked teams and how well they recruit..
I think they've been exposed for the last 3 weeks actually.

Gave up;
31 pts and 400yds to Ole'Miss,
36 pts and 576yds to Okla. St.,
48 pts and 460yds to WVU.

Their next two games could end the same.

#233 ·
LSWhat and Aints must be making life in the Bayou difficult these days, TAMU 3 point loss to the Gators is looking better all the time, at least the Aggie's freshman QB put up 2 TDs

#234 ·
Why the hell was Lester wearing a jacket in The Swamp?
Go Gators!

#238 ·
It was sure a surprise to me when the Aggies bounced back in the last few minutes and beat Ole Miss. Who knows maybe the Aggies can beat LSU.

#241 ·
my Horns defense got exposed by giving up 48 to WVU, and Mack Brown has shown what a big underachiever his teams are considering he is 0-8 against top 10 ranked teams and how well they recruit..Will Muschamp's success at Florida may make the powers that be at the Forty Acres wish they had exercised the HC in waiting option sooner rather than later..the OU game now looms as a make or break game for the year

as well as Manziel is playing QB at TAMU, UT fans might be lucky that they no longer have to play the Aggies...I think the might be able to play with LSU...for at least the first half

Dont even get me started on Romo and the Boys....

#243 ·
my Horns defense got exposed by giving up 48 to WVU, and Mack Brown has shown what a big underachiever his teams are considering he is 0-8 against top 10 ranked teams and how well they recruit..Will Muschamp's success at Florida may make the powers that be at the Forty Acres wish they had exercised the HC in waiting option sooner rather than later..the OU game now looms as a make or break game for the year

as well as Manziel is playing QB at TAMU, UT fans might be lucky that they no longer have to play the Aggies...I think the might be able to play with LSU...for at least the first half

Dont even get me started on Romo and the Boys....
It's more "The Boys" than it is 'Romo". He's gonna get killed back there. I'm beginning to think that Dez is just to dumb to play at the Pro level. He either can't remember the routes or never knew them in the first place. Great athletic ability wasted.

#244 · (Edited)
Looks like the Grind Fest on the road wasn't such a bad hit. LSU @ #9

Look at the SEC again rocking the Top 5!

With a schedule like LSU's imagine if they win out beating SC, Bama(Two Top 5 Teams) and Miss St. LOL

1Alabama (60)5-01,5001
2Oregon6-01,4352
3South Carolina6-01,3596
4Florida5-01,26510
5West Virginia5-01,2608
6Kansas State5-01,2177
7Notre Dame5-01,1769
8Ohio State6-01,05312
9LSU5-19384
10Oregon State4-087314
11USC4-181213
12Florida State5-18003
13Oklahoma3-175617
14Georgia5-17335
15Texas4-171111
16Clemson5-165715
17Stanford4-158718
18Louisville5-049419
19Mississippi State5-045020
20Rutgers5-033122
21Cincinnati4-0205NR
22Texas A&M4-1153NR
23Louisiana Tech5-0129NR
24Boise State4-1114NR
25Michigan3-282NR

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/polls/ap/#ixzz28d4Vp7Dk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.