The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 38 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Thats a bunch of BS, now because of the BCS all college football history before 1998 is irrelevant? I remember going to watch my uncle play guard for USC in the early fifties, I was at the 1967 USC-UCLA game where OJ ran for a 67 yard touchdown to win the game late in the fourth quarter 21-20. The game today is the same as it was in the 60's, same rules with perhaps a tweak or two, but it still comes down to blocking, tackling, running, throwing and catching the football. To just wish away past accomplishments, records and National Championships is, to me, a form of denial.

John
    You're exactly right, John. Denial is what it is. I guess by that set of rules, or standards to go by, the "BCS era" will not matter once we get the playoff system in 2014. You cant erase history, even if you didn't have much positive history as a LSU fan.
    HRCH DRAKE

Thats a bunch of BS, now because of the BCS all college football history before 1998 is irrelevant?
    Seriously!? Are you two cut from the same cloth? are you both incapable of reading comprehension!?!?

The man asked why he stopped at 2000, I gave a good guess why.

Get over your AGE EGO's already and stop putting words in my mouth.

Jeez......
    Last edited by Dustin D; 10-22-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Yea, that's exactly what I said

This is why you don't hear Sports Analyst say, 'Well you know Jim, against Purdue, Notre Dame leads this series 56262"....about a Rivlary started in 1896.
    Actually at the begining of EVERY rivalry game i've seen, they always state the overall record of the teams, Bama Tn they did, Mich vs Mich St they did, AU VS UA they will, bama Vs LSU they will. What you never hear is, In the bcs era so and so team leads this rivalry, the rivalry didnt start in the bcs era. so why start the stats then .
    HRCH DRAKE

Quote Originally Posted by TDB87 View Post
    I guess by that set of rules, or standards to go by, the "BCS era" will not matter once we get the playoff system in 2014.
    Rules are standards to go by? what are you talking about?

It is an ERA. Years from now when looking bcak over STATS what we are in now will be known as the 'BCS Era' of football.

Why is that so hard to understand?
    Last edited by Dustin D; 10-22-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Actually at the begining of EVERY rivalry game i've seen, they always state the overall record of the teams, Bama Tn they did, Mich vs Mich St they did, AU VS UA they will, bama Vs LSU they will. What you never hear is, In the bcs era so and so team leads this rivalry, the rivalry didnt start in the bcs era. so why start the stats then .

I watch ESPN/NFL all the time. You know what they say?

'In the last Decade'
    'In the past 12 years'
    'Since 2000'

Always in refence to the last 10-12 years. They aren't talking about Championships won 50 years ago when talking about football today.

I've also rarely see the ALL time VS record of teams on any channel I watch. Sometimes one of the announcers might mention it if it's historical like Texas vs OU but it's not something often talked about when determining what to make of the current game.

and actually in the rivalry the home team has struggled and lost ALOT. Less than 50% of the games have been won by the home team.

Regardless if some of my statement is true and some of yours is true. None of the records are going to factor into determining the current game.
    HRCH DRAKE

Here's the question;
    Jacob, why the year 2,000 cut off?
    Here's my guess;
    Actually it should have been 98'. This would be considered the modern era of College Football being as that's when the current system(BCS) that College Football runs on began.

How you guys got to this below while quoting me I'm not sure;
    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    so anything before that is irrelevant ?
    Thats a bunch of BS, now because of the BCS all college football history before 1998 is irrelevant? To just wish away past accomplishments, records and National Championships is, to me, a form of denial.
    You cant erase history,

I never said it's irrelevant, (you guys did), but talking in football absolutes is ridiculous and not something often done when determining the outcome of a game being played in a few days.

Here's the question;

Here's my guess;

How you guys got to this below while quoting me I'm not sure;

I never said it's irrelevant, (you guys did), but talking in football absolutes is ridiculous and not something often done when determining the outcome of a game being played in a few days.

My point is , in 2019 are we just going to look back to 2014 for the series record since we will be in the "playoff era" ? NO. you won't hear jim say to bob " LSU leads the series in the playoff era". But like i said, no series past record will have a factor in determining the outcome of a soon to be played game.
    HRCH DRAKE

The man asked why he stopped at 2000, I gave a good guess why.

Jeez......
    one good reason for a corndog to start there is the ncaa had bama on probation with scholarship reductions impacting seasons from ~'94 thru ~'07. usc and penn state will know what this is like over the next decade.

john r, the overall record since 1896 is bama 46 wins, lsu 25 wins....5 sister kissings. jacob is right in that lsu narrowly leads the series 15 wins to 14 wins with one tie since the passing of Coach Bryant.(almost half those 30 years being impacted by ncaa probations.....but hey, some one has to level a playing field).

included in these stats is the fact that lsu was winless against bama in it's own stadium for two decades....... even AT NIGHT!!!!!(if not for that knucklehead mike dubose, that streak may never have ended) alabama fans are scared to go to tiger stadium at night. not because they lose but because it is the only stadium that sells home tickets above and behind the visitors seats. before the br croud leaves the stadium midway through the 3rd they throw whatever they are drinking down on you before exiting. lol.
    Last edited by roseberry; 10-22-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    john mccallie