The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 39 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Anyways, enough of the mumbo jumbo record talking. Lets talk foosball. Lets hear why LSU is going to beat bama in 2 weeks. And ill throw out ideas of how alabama will take care of M. State and then what they need to do in tiger stadium.
    HRCH DRAKE

Ok Dustin, you made an honest attempt to answer my question and we jumped on you, sorry. That said I don't believe ESPN or most fans ignore all college football history before 1998. For many people including myself, the BCS is an abomination that makes the National Champion even more arbitrary than it was before, but other than the BCS way of determining who gets to play for the National Title, what else has changed in the way college football is played? As a huge USC fan, I guarantee you, every USC, Notre Dame or UCLA fan I know keeps track of every National Title they own and their records against each other going all the way back to the beginning. I'm not an Alabama fan but I would bet their fans feel the same about their gloried past, for an LSU fan, (not you) to arbitraily set a cut off date that makes their own record appear better seems dishonest.

John
    Last edited by John Robinson; 10-22-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Roger That.

My side-point is when determining a game outcome, looking past 10 years usually doesn't help.

I mean how would that conversation go?

Fan - "What do you guys think about Notre Dame's chances against USC this weekend?"

Other Fan, "I don't know, but remember in 47' when Notre Dame was undefeated going into Los Angeles?, Could have the same outcome right?"

See? LOL!

There has to be a cut off somewhere and most times it comes when something changes the game like the BCS Era did.

Plus you have to give us some newbie slack, it's not like LSU has a LONG Football History worthy of talking about
    Our Post Season history just got into Positive Territory

OK, I get your point. The LSU-Bama game should be a great one and past history will have nothing to do with what happens on the field in two weeks. Good luck to both of you as I have no stake in either team. I'm just waiting to spoil Notre Dame's season next month.

What do you mean a corndog?

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    See, it's so stupid, not even LSU fans know what it means.

It's like calling the Bama fans 'gumps', it's just stupid and half of them don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    Plain and simple, Lsu fans smell like corn dogs. You'd think with all the grilled meat,jumbalaaya and etoufees cooked during tailgates that they'd smell like that, but somehow someway the sweet sweet aroma of corndogs prevails among the LSU faithful.
    HRCH DRAKE

Quote Originally Posted by TDB87 View Post
    Plain and simple, Lsu fans smell like corn dogs. You'd think with all the grilled meat,jumbalaaya and etoufees cooked during tailgates that they'd smell like that, but somehow someway the sweet sweet aroma of corndogs prevails among the LSU faithful.
    Retarded...

Quote Originally Posted by TDB87 View Post
    That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Typical. I bet your a regular on the Finebaum show too. And by the way I don't agree with Jacob's Gump comments either. But corndogs? Alabama redneck County Fair food. We dont eat corndogs, thats for the common people.

So when we refer to a dog that was a National Amateur or National Open winner do we have to include if it was in the pre Entry Express Era
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"