The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 41 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

TDB, Re: ND, the mess isn't at quarterback, it's at the coach. Golson is legit! Watched him play every game for four years in HS. # 6 all time in the nation in TD passes, and missed 8 games as a senior due to injury, returned for playoffs and won a second state title against a team led by SC standout Jedeveon Clowney. Looks like he's playing scared.... Not of the defense, but of his sideline. I'll make no predictions, but I have to pull for the kid.
    Mike

All I have to say is go Irish. I am far believing in days of old with lou at the helm but they are 7 and 0. This weekend will be a big test. Best win of the year so is the defeat of MI. Also when they beat USC

High school to college is a big jump, even for kids that seem more prepared. He better get it together before saturday. What ever it is that has him scared. Right now he's throwing about 58% with 4tds,3 INT's, and put the ball on the ground 4 times. That is not considered productivity at the QB position. ND needs to pick a QB and go with that man all game long, barring injury. Neither guy will ever be confident if they let one play for 3 quarters then put in a "closer." It'll catch up with them.
    HRCH DRAKE

whatever happened to the blue chipper QB that originally committed to LSU and then changed his mind, is he the kid starting at QB for Notre Dame
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    whatever happened to the blue chipper QB that originally committed to LSU and then changed his mind, is he the kid starting at QB for Notre Dame
    I don't think its the same kid, I think the Guys name you're thinking about was Gunner Keil. I do think he changed his commit from LSU to ND but i haven't heard anything about him this year. Seems like he was a Big time 5 star QB.
    HRCH DRAKE

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Gunner Kiel. He's like 4th String or Red Shirt maybe? He's not in their Top 3 at QB though.

I am far believing in days of old with lou at the helm
    I'm still thinkin of the days of Ara.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    And none of that matters come Friday Mornings

or Saturday afternoons/evenings
    Which actually applies to every single post in this 40+ page thread. But aren't we having fun making these meaningless posts and ragging on each other???

I'm well aware of the differences between HS and college sports. The kid is legit, whether he proves it at ND has yet to be seen. He is only a freshman (redshirt). Not sure ND is the right place for him though. Brian Kelly= 7 starting QB's in 8 years. Makes you think??????
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by TDB87 View Post
    High school to college is a big jump, even for kids that seem more prepared. He better get it together before saturday. What ever it is that has him scared. Right now he's throwing about 58% with 4tds,3 INT's, and put the ball on the ground 4 times. That is not considered productivity at the QB position. ND needs to pick a QB and go with that man all game long, barring injury. Neither guy will ever be confident if they let one play for 3 quarters then put in a "closer." It'll catch up with them.

Are you questioning Brian Kelly?