The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 58 of 152 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

  1. #571
    Senior Member Bayou Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    OK via LA
    Posts
    906

    Default

    Miles went into the game convinced he had to pull something out of his...hat...we'll call it hat... to win. He outsmarted himself and handed the game to Saban. Got to tip the hat the Bama for hanging in there and getting it done when it counted. As for the players, they played a great game.

    I think I'll go throw up now.
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)


    "Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

  2. #572
    Senior Member MSDOGS1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    All is well, no BCS Chaos.
    There could be 4 undefeated teams at the end of the year. One spot goes to bama and one to ??? That is chaos.

  3. #573
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSDOGS1976 View Post
    There could be 4 undefeated teams at the end of the year. One spot goes to bama and one to ??? That is chaos.
    that would be a good problem for the BCS to have...the real chaos would be an ONE undefeated and a whole list of once beaten teams....somehow IMO the BCS will get bailed out one last time and end up with only two undefeated teams...just not sure which two just yet
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  4. #574
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MSDOGS1976 View Post
    There could be 4 undefeated teams at the end of the year. One spot goes to bama and one to ??? That is chaos.
    True but Notre Dame ALMOST lost, so had LSU won, we'd be waiting on Oregon or K. State to lose. I think THAT would have been MORE Chaos lol

    Bama would have only dropped to what? 5? maybe losing to #5 on the road? Meaning we could have had another 1 v 2 matchup. Long shot, I know but not unrealistic.

    Too late for that now.

    Man what a game. Our Mistakes cost us dearly, bad coaching, PERSONAL FOUL on COPELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and how many dropped passes again!? I was impressed with Zach M playing lights out.

    I'll really be happy to see how they respond for the rest of the season with the Bama Game Monkey off their back and with Zach M. seeming to embrace the speed of the game.

    Hopefully Bama carries all the way through.

    On Miles; http://espn.go.com/colleges/lsu/foot...a-crimson-tide
    He called for a fake 47-yard field goal(ON 4th and 12!) in the second quarter that was snuffed out.
    He later gambled just before halftime by trying a 55-yard field goal that Alleman missed well short, giving the Tide the field position it needed to drive 63 yards to push their lead to 14-3 at intermission.

    In the second half,
    it was a failed onsides kick after Jeremy Hill's touchdown pulled LSU within 14-10.
    Then, rather than attempt a 41-yard field goal that would have given the Tigers a 20-14 lead with about 8:40 left, Miles opted to go for it on a fourth-and-1 at the Tide 24, and Spencer Ware was stuffed.
    ...sigh...
    Last edited by Dustin D; 11-04-2012 at 08:58 AM.

  5. #575
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    2,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post
    Miles went into the game convinced he had to pull something out of his...hat...we'll call it hat... to win. He outsmarted himself and handed the game to Saban. As for the players, they played a great game.
    frank,
    i agree that miles was pressing a little, but remember:
    the athletes he recruited and put on the field last night were probably the top in college football
    he and the athletic director schedule the open date immaculately each year, he obviously used the week wisely and came out smack down in the first quarter
    he went in at halftime(after bama had adjusted and settled in the 2nd) and brought a dominate team out of the locker room
    he had the offensive line in excellent shape after all the injuries and shuffling around. they ran the ball and protected the qb. a notable feat given that they had looked bad to poor four weeks earlier
    he had mettenberger peaking. mett was even as good as jacob said he was going to be (NEVER thought i would say that)
    when he was playing safety number three and four on the depth chart, his opponent never was able to exploit the "power play"
    he had the team loose, relaxed and ready for death valley. alternately mccarron was so jacked up on endocrine secretions that he over threw td's and big gains all night(or his bruise was hurting?)

    i remember recently my tennessee fan, duck hunting buddies giving phat phil fulmer the business. he had a .805 winnning percentage as they were running him off. yesterday the trojans had the vols beat before bray pulled it out.(we are talking the trojans of troy alabama)

    who could possibly be better than miles? miles is a gambler. if the fake fg works he is a genius, if the onside kick hadn't bounced up and hit the kicker he is a genius. but all in all..........he is in or wins every game.
    Last edited by roseberry; 11-04-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    john mccallie

  6. #576
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    frank,
    i agree that miles was pressing a little, but remember:
    the athletes he recruited and put on the field last night were probably the top in college football
    he and the athletic director schedule the open date immaculately each year, he obviously used the week wisely and came out smack down in the first quarter
    he went in at halftime(after bama had adjusted and settled in the 2nd) and brought a dominate team out of the locker room
    he had the offensive line in excellent shape after all the injuries and shuffling around. they ran the ball and protected the qb. a notable feat given that they had looked bad to poor four weeks earlier
    he had mettenberger peaking. mett was even as good as jacob said he was going to be (NEVER thought i would say that)
    when he was playing safety number three and four on the depth chart, his opponent never was able to exploit the "power play"
    he had the team loose, relaxed and ready for death valley. alternately mccarron was so jacked up on endocrine secretions that he over threw td's and big gains all night(or his bruise was hurting?)

    i remember recently my tennessee fan, duck hunting buddies giving phat phil fulmer the business. he had a .805 winnning percentage as they were running him off. yesterday the trojans had the vols beat before bray pulled it out.(we are talking the trojans of troy alabama)

    who could possibly be better than miles? miles is a gambler. if the fake fg works he is a genius, if the onside kick hadn't bounced up and hit the kicker he is a genius. but all in all..........he is in or wins every game.
    Very good observation - I'm sure some other top program would gladly welcome Le Smiles to their leadership . Maybe the Shorthorns .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  7. #577
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Very good observation - I'm sure some other top program would gladly welcome Le Smiles to their leadership . Maybe the Shorthorns .
    Now why would you want to do that to my team, what have they ever done to you
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  8. #578
    Senior Member RookieTrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Central AL
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    I knew somehow Mett would figure out how to play at an SEC level just for us, and he did.

    I knew LSU would at least match up with us physically, and might even push us around for stretches, and they did.

    I knew Les would take a couple gambles, and he did.

    I knew if we could withstand all that, even having an LSU TO wiped out by their own false start penalty, and still be in it in the 4th quarter that we would find a way to win it, and we did.

    Reauxll Tide Reauxll!!!!

  9. #579
    Senior Member RookieTrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Central AL
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    All that said, it was the epitome of grown man football out there last night. LSU really helped themselves by scheming to throw out of power formations, which effectively took our best cover linebacker out of the game for the most part. It helped them too that our real deep threat at WR did not play after the overthrow, which may not have actually been an overthrow given the condition of his ankle.

    On to next week and a classic trap game with A&M. The fact that we are likely physically beat up and would have a tendency to come out flat after a game like that leaves us vulnerable to a QB who can use his feet to extend plays and create like Manziel can. It should be very interesting.

  10. #580
    Senior Member Bayou Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    OK via LA
    Posts
    906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    frank,
    i agree that miles was pressing a little, but remember:
    the athletes he recruited and put on the field last night were probably the top in college football
    he and the athletic director schedule the open date immaculately each year, he obviously used the week wisely and came out smack down in the first quarter
    he went in at halftime(after bama had adjusted and settled in the 2nd) and brought a dominate team out of the locker room
    he had the offensive line in excellent shape after all the injuries and shuffling around. they ran the ball and protected the qb. a notable feat given that they had looked bad to poor four weeks earlier
    he had mettenberger peaking. mett was even as good as jacob said he was going to be (NEVER thought i would say that)
    when he was playing safety number three and four on the depth chart, his opponent never was able to exploit the "power play"
    he had the team loose, relaxed and ready for death valley. alternately mccarron was so jacked up on endocrine secretions that he over threw td's and big gains all night(or his bruise was hurting?)

    i remember recently my tennessee fan, duck hunting buddies giving phat phil fulmer the business. he had a .805 winnning percentage as they were running him off. yesterday the trojans had the vols beat before bray pulled it out.(we are talking the trojans of troy alabama)

    who could possibly be better than miles? miles is a gambler. if the fake fg works he is a genius, if the onside kick hadn't bounced up and hit the kicker he is a genius. but all in all..........he is in or wins every game.
    I didn't make myself clear. I'm not for running Miles out of BR, just pointing out that last night, Miles' preconceived notion to go to his bag of tricks paid no dividends, cost LSU the game, and wasn't necessary in the first place. The players didn't call for the fake field goal, the players didn't call for a 54 yd field goal attempt, and the players didn't go into a prevent (yourself from winning) defense. Those were coaches calls. Players made mistakes, too, but they had no say in the game strategy. Miles knows that he made some bad calls. Tiger fans are hoping that he learned his lessons, and I am confident that he won't make those same mistakes again.

    Geaux Tigers Regards,
    fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)


    "Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •