The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 59 of 152 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Expect Oregon to rise in the computer rankings and move up in the BCS atleast over Notre Dame. And for those that say the Ducks can't play defense, read the articles where it states how many pro scouts attended the USC vs Oregon game. Lot's of pro talent on both sides of the ball and maybe even a Heisman winner. And remember, this was the first game that the 1st string played the second half. The D is better than you think.
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, body completely used up, drink in hand, yelling and screaming, Woo Hoo what a ride!

51 points in a game & that's "Better than I think."???? That's about how many points LSU or the gumps expect to give up in a month. You play in a conference that can't spell defense & you run a gimmicky spread rushing attack that doesn't work in big games against OOC teams.

Don't go crowning AL yet. They have to finish the season. And play Johnny Football's team (Texas A&M). A long shot but with some outside intervention and overconfidence on AL's part, it could happen. Well, maybe. Well, hopefully.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Oregon will come up some in points only b/c the (Beloved)USC was ranked AND the ONLY reason USC was still ranked with 2 losses was b/c of their ridiculously HIGH Season Starting Rank at the beginning of the year. The only ranked teams they've faced, they've lost to and the loss to a 5-4 Arizona Team.

If the past OOC Big Games are of any consolation, I'd expect a Team like Bama to have equal are similar results against Oregon as the other Legitimate Defenses the Ducks have played against.

Still not sure why folks get all gitty about these high flying offenses and then claim some sort of Fear Factor. Just how many MORE times must we here, "NOBODY wants to play this High Powered Offense"....Oklahoma a few times, Ohio St, Florida St., Texas and just recently Oregon. Within the past 12 years or so all these teams were touted, 'some record setting' as the most highest scoring offenses in College football History, all Failed to bring home the Crystal in their national Championship due to one stingy fact. They played a team with a DEFENSE.

Every year we have to hear it over and over again. This team is so fast, that team is nothing to mess with, they score a point for every minute they play yata yata yata, they just can't be stopped.

Then when the Big game is on _____________________ Flat-line. Why? What happen? How did it happen?

LSU holds the Ducks to 13 points until the 4th Qtr. when the game was well in hand,
    Auburn holds the Ducks to two TD's and less than 75 yds rushing,
    Ohio St and Boise had the same recipe the year before that.

The saying is as old as College Football itself. Defense wins Championships, yet some still seem to be blinded by the blazing speed of run-a-muck offenses. Well, blinded at least until it all comes crashing down in a Title Game.

Eventually I guess they will win the big one against a Defensive Team. I mean eventually its got to happen right? until then, I have to just sit back and shake my head.

A look back at the last 14 years or so tells the tale of high Powered Offenses, and the failures thereof to bring home the Crystal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_Nat...mpionship_Game

Just a wierd thought: if defense wins games, then why do NFL teams pay the highest salaries to offensive players?? Seems to me that if you want to win championships, most of your money would be spent on defense (but it's not).
    Last edited by Merlin; 11-04-2012 at 04:42 PM.

The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, body completely used up, drink in hand, yelling and screaming, Woo Hoo what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Just a wierd thought: if defense wins games, then why do NFL teams pay the highest salaries to offensive players??
    According to who?? Dewight Freeney and Elvis Dumerville are the two highest paid players in the NFL. Both are Defensive ends, go figure...The big time money making positions in NFL will ALWAYS be O lineman, Pass rushers and QB's.

Bottom line is, High flying offenses sells tickets, defense wins championships and last time i checked LSU and BAMA sho ain't having no problem selling tickets.
    HRCH DRAKE

Just a wierd thought: if defense wins games, then why do NFL teams pay the highest salaries to offensive players?? Seems to me that if you want to win championships, most of your money would be spent on defense (but it's not).
    if you are talking nfl..... it's because offense sells the tickets!!!!!!!!!!!

wayne, you are so very correct, the tide hadn't played a really good team until yesterday and texas a&m is a good team. should be a good game for lots of reasons.
    john mccallie

Defense wins championships in College Football. The NFL is a QB driven league. That's why the four higest paid players are QB's Heck, Drew Brees is playing for a paltry 40 million this season Next in the pay line are linemen with D lineman earning slightly more than O linemen. The trend over the last couple of years is the decline in pay for RB's as well as drafting them is later rounds.

Anyone want an NFL Headcoach for an even 12 million not counting bonuses?
    Last edited by Franco; 11-04-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Anyone want an NFL Headcoach for an even 12 million not counting bonuses?
    anyone want a college FB coach for the bargain price of 5 million a year, am willing to throw in the LHN too...said coach recruits very well,says all the right things on camera, and claps vigorously on the sidelines....but can only win with a great QB....must supply your own defensive coordinator
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Tonights BCS rankings will be interesting (watch for computer ranking changes). And the next few weeks of games will be too!

Check this link:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...tball-deserves
    Last edited by Merlin; 11-04-2012 at 06:23 PM.