The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 61 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

  1. #601
    Senior Member Wayne Nutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    4,052

    Default

    Yesterday AL was favored by 13 1/2 pts.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

    HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

  2. #602
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    3,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    Eddie is certainly entitled to his own opinion. A lot of folks were saying last week that Alabama needed a challenge because they hadn't played anybody. Seems like the same folks are now saying that because Alabama didn't beat a physically similar team in the "Saturday night in Death Valley" environment they were all hyping by 40 points that we are somehow not any good. Interesting analysis to me for sure. I don't know if a lot of people who like 61-52 games can really appreciate the physicality on that field Saturday night.

    If Alabama wins out, which is still a very big if (I am scared to death about this weekend), one of Oregon and Kansas State will get the chance to prove or disprove what Eddie said. Oregon is a very good football team, no doubt. Recall that in 2010, as an example, Alabama scored more points on *uburn than Oregon did.
    Johnny Football will have y'all worried for awhile. I just don't see y'all losing. The truth be told, only Georgia can beat y'all of the possible remaining teams. They're built to go head to head with LSU & the gumps. If y'all win that game, The Nat Champ Game is a blowout. Especially if they put Oregon against y'all.

  3. #603
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    I think, like is usually the case for Speedy B QB's, It takes a Defense a Qtr. or so to get the timing down and then put the cuffs on.

    I think A&M is capable of scoring in the 17 point range against Bama, but how will A&M stop Bama?

    and like I said when LSU played them, their QB is also their leading rusher, If you stop him, then you've essentially taken out half their offense. Now what?

    I also think it’s a grave mistake to make the comparison between Johnny Football doing good if Zach M. could. Last I checked, Johnny plays behind A&M’s O-Line, not LSU’s. Zach M. was playing @ home, not in Tuscaloosa. BIG Difference.


  4. #604
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,551

    Default

    Johnny F Football against the Texas defense scores FIFTY.....against the Bama defense he may break a run or two, or they may break him in two, they will force him to throw the football and he is just slightly better than Dennard Robinson who they already handled earlier in the year..the kid is exciting but this is the big time
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  5. #605
    Senior Member RookieTrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Central AL
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    I don't see Georgia being able to stay on the field with us or LSU, but that's why they play the games.

    I would be worried most about Oregon if we get that far, but I think our defense will slow them down a good bit. I think what really happens there is that our offense keeps the ball from them and wears their defense down with a physical attack.

    As we saw Saturday night, a couple ill-timed turnovers, a missed opportunity on a wide open deep ball, and a hot QB can change things in a hurry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Johnny Football will have y'all worried for awhile. I just don't see y'all losing. The truth be told, only Georgia can beat y'all of the possible remaining teams. They're built to go head to head with LSU & the gumps. If y'all win that game, The Nat Champ Game is a blowout. Especially if they put Oregon against y'all.

  6. #606
    Senior Member RookieTrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Central AL
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    As with Tebow, Newton, and Robinson before him, the name of the game here is to stay in your rush lane, keep Manziel in front of you, and make him throw from the pocket. If he beats you doing that tip your hat and move on.

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Johnny F Football against the Texas defense scores FIFTY.....against the Bama defense he may break a run or two, or they may break him in two, they will force him to throw the football and he is just slightly better than Dennard Robinson who they already handled earlier in the year..the kid is exciting but this is the big time

  7. #607
    Senior Member Wayne Nutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    4,052

    Default

    Like I said it will take outside intervention for TAMU to win.

    But it has happen before. A long time ago but once when Gene Stallings coached the Aggies to a victory against Bear Bryant's Tide. The second time was when Jackie Sherill coached the Aggies and beat AL. AL had a powerfull running back who A&M's wrecking crew stopped three times on a practically nothing and goal. I can't remember the backs name. A legend at AL.

    Just hoping.

    I think I'll watch the movie "We've Never Been Licked" starring Noah Berry, Jr. and Robert Mitchem just before the game.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

    HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

  8. #608
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    Like I said it will take outside intervention for TAMU to win.

    But it has happen before. A long time ago but once when Gene Stallings coached the Aggies to a victory against Bear Bryant's Tide. The second time was when Jackie Sherill coached the Aggies and beat AL. AL had a powerfull running back who A&M's wrecking crew stopped three times on a practically nothing and goal. I can't remember the backs name. A legend at AL.

    Just hoping.

    I think I'll watch the movie "We've Never Been Licked" starring Noah Berry, Jr. and Robert Mitchem just before the game.
    Wayne you guys are set up for your best chance.

    Bama will be playing its 5th straight SEC opponent. The last of which being the most physical and emotionally demanding and was on the road.

    They'll be back Home, licking their wounds and feeling relaxed. Will they be relaxed to the point of laziness? or relaxed to the point of playing loose and confident?

    Guess we'll see.

  9. #609
    Senior Member Wayne Nutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    4,052

    Default

    Oops the Jackie Sherill game was against the other Alabama school, Auburn. The running back was Bo Jackson.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

    HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

  10. #610
    Senior Member RookieTrainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Central AL
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Spot on Dustin. Hence the reason I am really scared to death about this weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Wayne you guys are set up for your best chance.

    Bama will be playing its 5th straight SEC opponent. The last of which being the most physical and emotionally demanding and was on the road.

    They'll be back Home, licking their wounds and feeling relaxed. Will they be relaxed to the point of laziness? or relaxed to the point of playing loose and confident?

    Guess we'll see.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •