The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 73 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    While I didn't rememberthe details, I thought Saban had a bad experience in the NFL. So, why would he want to go back to the NFL?

He's a hero and practically worshiped in AL.
    He's not. It's just another Rumor Auburn fans start year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    Always good to be reminded that you are the measuring stick and you get everybody's best shot. Sometimes, like yesterday, their best shot is good enough to beat you.

I really enjoy being hated a whole lot better than I liked being told what a fine man Mike Shula was.
    I don't believe there is any hatred coming out of College Station. TAMU is very proud to become a part of the SEC and has been welcomed by the other members of the SEC. After hearing that they will never be able to compete in the SEC, Aggies are very proud of their first year's record to date and rightfully so.

As for breaking into the top 10, why shouldn't they be there. South Carolina has remained there with the same record as TAMU. Both teams lost to the same two teams, Florida and LSU. Last week prior the Ags beating Bama, South Carolina was ranked 8th and the Aggies were ranked 15th. Yet the Aggies lost those two games by 3 and 5 points and South Carolina lost by 33 and 4.

TAMU is ranked right where they should be. JMHO.

Janet
    JK'sboxofchocolates

SHR Diggs, Soul, Mooney and always HRCH Cinn SH 500 pt club (06/92 to 01/98), HR Rocks (09/99 to 05/04), HRCH UH Schooner SH 1000 pt club (11/95 to 11/07) and HRCH UH Wagars MH 1500 pt club (12/01 to 09/13).

More like extremely wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    He's not. It's just another Rumor Auburn fans start year after year.

Can you point me to a place where somebody credible said that? I knew Missouri would have a tough time and said so along with lots of other folks. I don't recall anybody else saying A&M would "never be able to compete" in the conference. What I heard was "what took you so long to get away from Texas?"

Enjoy the win. Your team certainly earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet Kimbrough View Post
    I don't believe there is any hatred coming out of College Station. TAMU is very proud to become a part of the SEC and has been welcomed by the other members of the SEC. After hearing that they will never be able to compete in the SEC, Aggies are very proud of their first year's record to date and rightfully so.

As for breaking into the top 10, why shouldn't they be there. South Carolina has remained there with the same record as TAMU. Both teams lost to the same two teams, Florida and LSU. Last week prior the Ags beating Bama, South Carolina was ranked 8th and the Aggies were ranked 15th. Yet the Aggies lost those two games by 3 and 5 points and South Carolina lost by 33 and 4.

TAMU is ranked right where they should be. JMHO.

Janet

I had told A&M fans here that the Aggies could go +.500 every year in the SEC and that they'd most likely hover around (7-4/8-3)

Johnny Football is good, but to expect this kind of performance for the next 2-3 years? Doubtful. We've seen it time and time again. Whether it's the Explosive Dual Threat (Freshman or Rookie) their First Year is incredible, sometimes mindblowing. The following years.....eh not so much.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Not yet! I went to Academy Sports last week to buy shotguns shells and they didn't have one. Then, I went to dreaded local WalMart, surely they would have it as it is where Bama fans love to do all of their shopping. They didn't have it either so Saturday I order one on line.

I'm out of town till Thursday, hopefully it will be in my mail when I return.

Great weekend of Football! LSU stomps Ms St, Saints beat the undefeated Falcons and the UL Ragin Cajuns lost to #5 Florida Gators with two seconds remaining in the game. The mere fact that the Cajuns didn't get blown out in Gainsville was a victory.
    Franco man this post gives me so many ways to bash the SEC after this weekend but I won't hate to kick a good man while he's down. Chin up buddy.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Johnny Football jerseys haven't made it to Ft. Worth yet.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    I had told A&M fans here that the Aggies could go +.500 every year in the SEC and that they'd most likely hover around (7-4/8-3).
    Well then it surely must be true from the RTF college football expert....oops I forgot, that's Jacob...

Trust me on this one Dustin, in the post R. C . Slocum years if A&M fans could depend on 8-3 in the SEC every year they would be delighted, at least for a little while!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    Johnny Football jerseys haven't made it to Ft. Worth yet.
    I am being told by much more ardent followers of all things TAMU that the athletic dept only designates two numbers to be licensed each year and they had no idea that the # 2 jersey would be in such high demand,after all he was a red shirt freshman, would hate to see all the store get stuck with jerseys they dont want..same sources are saying that the athletic dept is now scrambling and negotiating how to cash in on the JF craze
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Johnny Football jerseys were supposed to go on sale this past Monday in College Station. But they haven't made it this far north yet.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"