The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 80 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

there is one team that the computers absolutely show no love and that is Free Shoes Univ..Florida State

had it not been for a brain fade against NCST they should be getting some consideration for the big game...the FSU vs Florida game will actually mean something this year..the winner is arguably among the top 4 teams in the country
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    K State,that was a short stay at # 1...
    Well our short run was fun while it lasted.

Back to obscurity

KSU regards
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.

I rest my case. Think about what you just said.

We are playing tackle football. You are saying the per se justification for a penalty is that a tackled player's head snapped back and his mouth is bloody. Do you not see a problem with that? And did you think the same thing when the QB was Parker Wilson and he was getting trucked by Laron Landry?

Aren't we also assuming with the rule that, even at the speed of the game today, the defender has complete control over what part of his body hits what part of the offensive player's body? I saw the defensive player's helmet go up under the QB's chin - right where it should have - not helmet on helmet. How else did his mouth get bloody?

From the other side, the rule is too subjective to enforce. Alabama got such a penalty against A&M for hitting a WR who immediately jumped up and did the whole Superman thing. I thought he was getting penalized for excessive celebration. The officials then watched Lacy get hit the same way and have to be helped off the field - no flag. On the goal line at the end of the game, AJ takes a true helmet to helmet on the two in front of everybody - no flag. Kenny Bell got hit the same way as the A&M WR on our second possession - hard enough to jar the ball loose for an INT - no flag. That's not an enforceable rule by my calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Helmet to Helmet dude, did you not see his head snap back and his bloody mouth afterwards? C'mon...
    Last edited by RookieTrainer; 11-18-2012 at 09:11 AM.

You beat me to it. No health problems, family problems, or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    meyer is coaching for nothing this year(title wise not $ wise). his team is playing for nothing. translation no pressure. as for next year, if he can't get tebow and his old offensive coordinator back he will be packing it in, crying and wanting to spend time with his family again! but hey that's just my opinion of him, i could be wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Courser View Post
    Do the Irish get any love now. I don't like the Irish at the number 1 spot because of what has happened to the other number 1 teams these last couple of weeks. GO IRISH
    I think that Georgia or Alabama, either one, would love to go against ND in the championship game.
    HR Vader's Babe's "Reese"

What in the heck was Les Miles drinking after the game...dude was wound up,dropping F bombs and telling people to go kiss his players on the mouth (if you were female), instant classic....
    Do you think they will erase that one so the parents of prospective recruits do not see the press conference!

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    franco,
    you know if little lane kiffin and his daddy can do their job next week in la i am thinkin' tiger vs tide REMATCH!!!!!! the country would love it!!!!!
    The game earlier in the month was colossal!

I would love to see a rematch as the Tigers are getting better on O and I do think USC will beat ND.

Whatever happens, just watch how the top SEC teams do in the big bowl games. They will flex their muscle!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

What in the heck was Les Miles drinking after the game...dude was wound up,dropping F bombs and telling people to go kiss his players on the mouth (if you were female), instant classic....
    If I was Aggie coach Kevin Sumlin I would make sure the parents of every recruit from Texas received a copy!

Actually he was saying 'freaking' He doesn't talk like that normally so he said pardon my French. Les Miles rarely ever says curse words unless he's talking about his 'Damn Strong Football Team'

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    I rest my case. Think about what you just said.

We are playing tackle football. You are saying the per se justification for a penalty is that a tackled player's head snapped back and his mouth is bloody. Do you not see a problem with that? And did you think the same thing when the QB was Parker Wilson and he was getting trucked by Laron Landry?

Aren't we also assuming with the rule that, even at the speed of the game today, the defender has complete control over what part of his body hits what part of the offensive player's body? I saw the defensive player's helmet go up under the QB's chin - right where it should have - not helmet on helmet. How else did his mouth get bloody?

From the other side, the rule is too subjective to enforce. Alabama got such a penalty against A&M for hitting a WR who immediately jumped up and did the whole Superman thing. I thought he was getting penalized for excessive celebration. The officials then watched Lacy get hit the same way and have to be helped off the field - no flag. On the goal line at the end of the game, AJ takes a true helmet to helmet on the two in front of everybody - no flag. Kenny Bell got hit the same way as the A&M WR on our second possession - hard enough to jar the ball loose for an INT - no flag. That's not an enforceable rule by my calculation.

I don't know what case you're trying to make or why. Helmet to Helmet, Especially on the QB is a good call almost 95% of the time. Just b/c one team gets the call and the other doesn't, does not make it any less relevant of a call to be made.

Case Closed.

Dustin, I am not trying to fight with you or argue for the sake of arguing. But you didn't respond to any of my arguments.

If you are going to penalize helmet-to-helmet hits, don't you assume that the person doing the hitting is somehow able to absolutely control where he is hitting? Would you say this is absolutely the case 100% of the time?

And where are we headed? I would submit that the Landry-Wilson hit, where Landry got about a 20 yard head start from his safety position, hit the LOS right at the snap, on the dead run, came through untouched, and leveled Wilson, driving him into the ground, was much more likely to cause injury that the hit on Mettenberger yesterday. Which one would you rather take?

What about the hit on Matt Barkley yesterday that looks to have separated his shoulder and put him out for this weekend's game with ND? How long until the QB is at least virtually wearing a black no-contact jersey because he can't protect himself?

What about the inconsistent (at best) enforcement I spoke of in the Bama-A&M game? You would be OK with it if it cost LSU a game and a possible shot at the BCS title?

Case Still Very Much Open.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    AI don't know what case you're trying to make or why. Helmet to Helmet, Especially on the QB is a good call almost 95% of the time. Just b/c one team gets the call and the other doesn't, does not make it any less relevant of a call to be made.

Case Closed.