The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 81 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

You're throwing out so many hypotheticals, the argument could go any direction.

Players are in control of their bodies. JUST now, I mean minutes ago, a Line backer from the back field ran all the way to Drew Brees and took him off is feet, almost the identical line of the hit on Zach M. except the Linebacker aimed his helmet at the chest/shoulder area of Brees instead of at his face/chin.

It's best to err on the side of caution I think.

I have no idea what other HIT you're talking about. A link to the video would be good.

Any hit to the head will or should be call with the current rules. The hit on Mettenberger was helmet to the head. (chin is part of the head) If he kept his head up and put his face in his chest no call. Just because McCrying or yelton didn't get the call is irrealavent.

Surely I am not that smart. The rest of my life sure argues against it.

I am a defensive football player. I see the player with the ball advancing toward me, and my job is to get him on the ground. I square up, look right at his belt buckle, lower my rear end, and get ready to explode through the ball carrier with my shoulder right in his midsection. IOW, a perfect form tackle.

At the same time, the ball carrier sees me. It's his job not to let me do my job. At precisely the same moment I prepare to shoulder his gut, he lowers his shoulder even with mine and twists his body in an attempt to avoid my tackle. In the process, the my head, which I intended to hang right off the ball carrier's left hip, now glances off his helmet.

Penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    You're throwing out so many hypotheticals, the argument could go any direction.

Players are in control of their bodies. JUST now, I mean minutes ago, a Line backer from the back field ran all the way to Drew Brees and took him off is feet, almost the identical line of the hit on Zach M. except the Linebacker aimed his helmet at the chest/shoulder area of Brees instead of at his face/chin.

It's best to err on the side of caution I think.

I have no idea what other HIT you're talking about. A link to the video would be good.

the BCS bites....how can a 10-1 FSU team be # 10 below three teams with two losses
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the BCS bites....how can a 10-1 FSU team be # 10 below three teams with two losses
    Take a look at their CPU Ranking. They have 'THE' weakest schedule of all Top 10 Teams and they lost @ HOME to a Un-Ranked Team.

Their only key win is Clemson, however they'll have their chance to jump this weekend against Florida.

Last edited by Dustin D; 11-18-2012 at 07:55 PM.

I understand the SOS is weak.....but 10-1 still is better than 9-2...what if they were 11-0...its not like they are Boise State (probably gonna hear about that next time I'm there)

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I understand the SOS is weak.....but 10-1 still is better than 9-2...what if they were 11-0...its not like they are Boise State (probably gonna hear about that next time I'm there)

Well actually Bob it sounds like you don't

10-1 is NOT better when your SOS is against teams that on average are sub .450. Your one loss is against a UNRANKED at Home.

LSU's two losses are against Top 5 in the Nation Teams and one of those losses was AWAY, another one down to the wire against the #1 Team in the Nation.

Do you consider LSU's body of work weaker than Florida States?

Texas A&M's two losses to Florida and LSU. They are however PERFECT on the Road this year to include beating the #1 Team in the Nation on the Road.
    Is their body of work weaker than Florida States?

Stanford just beat the #2 Team in the Nation. One loss was to the now #1 Team in the nation and a Close Game away to Washington.

If anything, Stanford maybe should not have jumped Florida St. Then again. F.State's schedule is just that pathetically weak.
    Last edited by Dustin D; 11-18-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Well the Univ of Tennessee head coaching job just became available....

under any system of evaluation and ranking of college football, last saturday would have been crazy. but i think the bcs makes college football more interesting and fun than the polls and bowls that preceeded it. i really can't see the "playoff system" making things more interesting than they have been and will continue to be this season. i guess i stand alone in america as the bcs supporter.

a j mccrying, i like that one rbou!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    under any system of evaluation and ranking of college football, last saturday would have been crazy. but i think the bcs makes college football more interesting and fun than the polls and bowls that preceeded it. i really can't see the "playoff system" making things more interesting than they have been and will continue to be this season. i guess i stand alone in america as the bcs supporter.

a j mccrying, i like that one rbou!
    With the coming 8 team playoff system, the NC will be decided on the field! I look at #7 LSU and #8 TAMU(after they beat Texas) and they are playing as good if not better than the teams ranked ahead of them.

I say, "strap it on and lets get after it"!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.