The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 82 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Chucky to the SEC and Chip Kelly to the NFL, wondering why either would give up their current gig?...EGO!?

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    With the coming 8 team playoff system, the NC will be decided on the field! I look at #7 LSU and #8 TAMU(after they beat Texas) and they are playing as good if not better than the teams ranked ahead of them.

I say, "strap it on and lets get after it"!
    the only way the Aggies get the Sips is in a bowl, Aggies last game is a conference game with Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    under any system of evaluation and ranking of college football, last saturday would have been crazy. but i think the bcs makes college football more interesting and fun than the polls and bowls that preceeded it. i really can't see the "playoff system" making things more interesting than they have been and will continue to be this season. i guess i stand alone in america as the bcs supporter.

a j mccrying, i like that one rbou!
    No I like the BCS but would rather see it support a Play-off system too.

The AP Polls are PURE Human(Obviously) and therefore subject to scandalous bias.

Uh How many Split Championships happen b/c of the AP?! Going back to having JUST the AP Poll is going to SUCK.

With the coming 8 team playoff system, the NC will be decided on the field! I look at #7 LSU and #8 TAMU(after they beat Texas) and they are playing as good if not better than the teams ranked ahead of them.

I say, "strap it on and letís get after it"!
    8? I thought it was just 4.

i want to take this opportunity before the regular season ends to thank the many contributors to this year's college football thread!

the passionate fans here have "talked smack" about their team and yours. but when they lose, as gentlemen they have also stood up and faced the "crow eating" sessions that running their "poo poo eaters" got them into in the first place.* this is civil and respectful fun for all.

footnotes:
    *hey, has anyone heard from paul or merlin in the last couple of days?
    john mccallie

@ed, we certainly don't want chip Kelly leaving Oregon. He has us on track for a national. We beef up the defense and we will be there.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Chucky to the SEC and Chip Kelly to the NFL, wondering why either would give up their current gig?...EGO!?
    Opportunity and Money. College is not the Professionals, every Coach usually wants to coach at the professional football level. Some find out they aren’t cut out for the Pro’s(Saban)

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    the only way the Aggies get the Sips is in a bowl, Aggies last game is a conference game with Missouri.
    Oh shucks, I forgot about them giving up that rivalry! I know a couple of Aggie Alum that have to be rolling in their graves over that. I expect LSU to get the Sooners or Clemson in a bowl game so maybe the Aggies will get the Sips.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Oh shucks, I forgot about them giving up that rivalry! I know a couple of Aggie Alum that have to be rolling in their graves over that. I expect LSU to get the Sooners or Clemson in a bowl game so maybe the Aggies will get the Sips.

One site has the two projected for the Cotton Bowl, but that would only be if UT were to beat TCU on Turkey Day and K State the following week...I think the Horns will be lucky to get a split, and they better hope KSU doesnt hang fifty on them
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

LSU might end up playing Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl.

Florida could play Bama for the SHIP.
    Bama could still play Oregon for the SHIP.
    Notre Dame with a loss this weekend and a Florida loss has a SLIM chance to STILL go to the SHIP if the Voters refuse to drop them past Oregon. (Doubtful considering this would set Eugene Oregon on FIRE!) lol

Too much to calculate...... one more weekend will clear a lot of this up. Outstanding that we still have to WAIT on ONE MORE weekend to nail it all down some.

BTW with the way LSU D has been playing a lot of them might have lost some Draft Stock forcing them to reconsider leaving. We'll see.

Hopefully they take it all out on Arkansas Saturday and show off the for the Draft Watchers/.

Us Dawg fans are just sitting back being quiet.
    Bubba Joiner

HRCH UH Ridgewood's Georgia Dawg (500 point club)
    HRCH Ridgewood's Gold II
    HRCH Hold My Beer & Watch This
    Hope She's A Duk Dawg