The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 84 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    After watching the replay of LSU/Idaho, I'm positive there isn't a better team in Americana than the one in The BR.

This week's prediction:

LSU 49
    AU 7
    Remember this? What was that final score?
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

LSU did everything to keep viewers around Americana watching. Was for the numbers, regards.

Dang, the 12th Man Foundation is giving away a limited number of Johnny Football t shirts at the campus vicinity of the 12th man statue. Not in the stores yet.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    i want to take this opportunity before the regular season ends to thank the many contributors to this year's college football thread!

the passionate fans here have "talked smack" about their team and yours. but when they lose, as gentlemen they have also stood up and faced the "crow eating" sessions that running their "poo poo eaters" got them into in the first place.* this is civil and respectful fun for all.

footnotes:
    *hey, has anyone heard from paul or merlin in the last couple of days?
    I'm still around. Yes the Ducks played like cr@p, but it ain't over yet. When the final BCS comes out they will be high in the mix. And it's a young team as most are back. We are talking consistency here. You will be hearing from the Ducks for quite some time and usually in the top 5.
    Last edited by Merlin; 11-21-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.

The purpose of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave with a well-preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, body completely used up, drink in hand, yelling and screaming, Woo Hoo what a ride!

so for all the SEC homers on the RTF: are you pulling for Notre Dame to beat USC, which would set up a ND vs Ala/UGA/FLA MNC game or are you pulling for SoCal in the upset which would more than likely set up some all SEC MNC game
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    so for all the SEC homers on the RTF: are you pulling for Notre Dame to beat USC, which would set up a ND vs Ala/UGA/FLA MNC game or are you pulling for SoCal in the upset which would more than likely set up some all SEC MNC game
    It doesn't matter. As long as we have at least one team in the NC game the SEC will keep the streak alive.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

usc, usc, usc!!

though:

-bama and nd would be epic.

-dawgs and nd would show the media/heisman voters what a mistake they made by not giving the trophy to johnny football and giving it to "man-tie tay-ou". headlines next day "MAN-TIE CAN'T TOTE THE RUBBER BANDS ON THE ENDS OF JARVIS JONES' DREADLOCKS"

-sec vs sec not gonna happen!
    Last edited by roseberry; 11-22-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    john mccallie

SEC RIVAL WEEK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I'm still around. Yes the Ducks played like cr@p, but it ain't over yet. When the final BCS comes out they will be high in the mix. And it's a young team as most are back. We are talking consistency here. You will be hearing from the Ducks for quite some time and usually in the top 5.
    Just b/c you lose doesn't mean you played like Crap. The stats are almost identical and the Ducks won the Turnover War +2. What the Ducks couldn't do and aren't know for doing is controlling possession. Stanford = 37:05/ Ducks = 22:55 Almost an entire quarter that the ducks didn't have the ball. Ducks didn't play like crap, they just got beat by the better Team.

Yes eventually the always touted 'High-Powered-no one-wants to play this team-super duper offense' will eventually beat a Top Rated Defensive Champ team. Then for years we'll re-live the HOPE and Hype that just maybe, Defense doesn't matter if you're offense is run-amuck-to the max. Maybe. B/c from what I've seen, Oregon hasn't been able to do it yet and they have had some pretty impressive Offenses over the past couple years. Some that might have even rivaled a few of those OU, Texas and USC High Powered Offensive Champ Teams. Guess we'll wait and see. Chip won't hang around forever, sounds like he's already got the itch.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Who doesn't like BCS Chaos?!

Honestly though I'd like to see Notre Dame go. I think they have a good body of work behind them and that they have played a magnificent season. Up and Down the field, and some close emotional games that they've overcome and at some pretty impressive venues. I just don't see them coming out flat against USC. USC Will come out guns a blazing but if the Irish can what? (We all know the answer) -Withstand the Surge!!!- If they can do that and get their feet under them, they should take it home. I mean these kids will SURELY understand the importance of THIS game. It's ALL down to THIS GAME! If they don't know that, somethings wrong in the Locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post

-bama and nd would be epic.

-sec vs sec not gonna happen!
    Dude, Bama's not going, you guys lose in the SEC Title game

I do think however that it's going to get ugly in Bryant Denny. Considering the picture of Cam Newton laughing at Alabama is hanging in the locker room and has been there for how long now?, man it's going to get nasty and AUB will QUIT before the time runs out. I think this one will ignite some serious emotions leaving AUB fans feeling like they are getting kicked while down.....and Bama fans not giving a shit either way LOL!
    Last edited by Dustin D; 11-22-2012 at 08:36 AM.

I can't believe anyone outside of CA would pull for USC. I would pull for anyone that was playing against USC. Not to talk too much smack go IRISH. Even the Irish hater should admit that ND is having a great year

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post

Dude, Bama's not going, you guys lose in the SEC Title game
    Dustin,
    i said bama/notre dame "would be" epic. i never said will be epic. with a history like 25% of college football's national titles(ancient, modern, claimed by ad's, et al.) between the participants the game's hype would be enormous! you may note i also gave an opinion on ga/nd as well. i have seen alabama play this year too. i have currently shifted my "poo poo eater into neutral"

now as to sec vs sec: if we assume you are correct and georgia beats bama, gators beat 'noles and usc beats nd,....... then the bcs puts ga/fla in the title game, the entire world will protest and put the new ncaa playoff system in place by jan 15, 2013. no possible way they are gonna replay that matchup when it was a beatdown a month prior. had it been close as bama/lsu was last year, maybe a rematch could have been justified? under the circumstances there is no way. if bama wins the sec champ game and nd falls then gators/tide could be possible(i still doubt it though).

brian,
    just trying to bring you out of the bushes this morning. you will enjoy my evolution into "irish hater". when coach Parsegian and the irish beat bama in two consecutive bowl games in the early seventies i became a "hater". both games were for national titles and were decided by a total of three points. i was seven and eight years old at the time and was traumatized by my favorite team's losses. my respectful but seething hatred continues to this day i did find some comfort in the hit cornelius bennett put on steve burlein in that regular season matchup in the '80's.(though legal then it gets a flag today bobby). i do still cry like a baby every single time i watch "rudy" though!
    john mccallie