The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 103 of 152 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

as much as it pains me to admit, my Horns 8-4 record is probably the weakest in the country, they will get throttled in the Cotton, unless the team they are playing wants to be there even less...the Horns are 5-7,8-5, 8-4 the last three years, just one game better than interstate rival Texas Tech during that same stretch, that is not acceptable at the Forty Acres..

They dont deserve to play in the Cotton Bowl, but then they dont get to pick which bowl selects them...the Cotton is just picking the best matchup option left to them, and this year it isnt much....the last couple of years the Fair Park venue has not been kind...

It may be painful but I will cheer on my Horns wherever and whoever they play and wait and see what the Powers that be do to the program afterwards
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    You might be interested in this article.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...5.html#more-id

The gist of it is that game for game, ND has played a more difficult schedule than either Alabama or Georgia did and have aquitted themselves quite well. I live in the SE and it's easy to get caught up in the regional interest. However, that doesn't win games. Dunno what the future holds except that the Alabama - Notre Dame game will not be a cakewalk for either team.

Undoubtedly Notre Dame has played it's toughest schedule in a long time and won out. They deserve to be there.

However why it would be considered they played a more difficult schedule than Bama I think is wrong. Win loss record can be useless considering the conference of the team.

Would you consider a 6-6 SEC Team in the same category as a 7-5 IA Independents? or 6-6 Big East or Big 10 team even?

Notre Dame notable wins - Stanford and OU.

The OU game was indeed a great one,

but the Stanford Game was last second controversial and should have went into Double OT.
    Notre Dame players sold it well storming the field and taking off their helmets before the play was even blown dead. CLEARLY there was NO whistle blown b/c the runner was still progressing and the play was still live as he stretched it OVER the Goal Line for the TOUCHDOWN. Yet, they let it slide...cough..cough..couldn't overturn it for Notre Dame.

What else is there from Notre Dame?
    Lots of exciting Games b/c they were all so CLOSE?? with two into OverTime.
    Won by 3 over Purdue,
    Won by 3 over BYU,
    Triple OT win by 3 over Pitt?
    (A 2.678 mph wind gust from the east in the Pitt game and we wouldn't even be talking about this right now)
    The debacle USC game?

Only Same OPP;
    Bama over Mich - 41-14
    ND over Mich - 13-6

Bama beat LSU in Baton Rouge & Georgia in Atlanta

Now I'll be the first to say that Bama did NOT play a very tough schedule compared to others in the SEC, but to say that Notre Dame has Pound for Pound out played Alabama on the schedule toughness this year if false.

-According to the CFB Strength of Schedule updated last night;
    Bama is @ #3 with Notre Dame sitting back @ #24;
    http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...hedule-by-team

In no way should it ever be considered that an average 6-6 SEC Team is on the same level as a 7-5 IA Independents Team and that's pretty much what the article is trying to say.

>Edit 12-2-2012< OMG I just had the strongest Deja Vu and Notre Dame won and I was back looking at this thread post......weird....
    Last edited by Dustin D; 12-02-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    as much as it pains me to admit, my Horns 8-4 record is probably the weakest in the country, they will get throttled in the Cotton, unless the team they are playing wants to be there even less...the Horns are 5-7,8-5, 8-4 the last three years, just one game better than interstate rival Texas Tech during that same stretch, that is not acceptable at the Forty Acres..

They dont deserve to play in the Cotton Bowl, but then they dont get to pick which bowl selects them...the Cotton is just picking the best matchup option left to them, and this year it isnt much....the last couple of years the Fair Park venue has not been kind...

It may be painful but I will cheer on my Horns wherever and whoever they play and wait and see what the Powers that be do to the program afterwards
    Should be against LSU Bon. Don't see how not really. Hopefully the Tigers show up to play being as they've pretty much been sleep walking since the Bama loss. Hopefully we don't have another debacle like we did a few years back against Penn St.

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

seems like the last time a Brian Kelly coached team (Cincinnati) played in a bowl game against a SEC team his rear end was handed to him. If this is any indication of how he stacks up against Nick Saben welllllllllllllllll. I predict that the game will look like the Bama Georgia game. Bama will line up and run the ball right down ND's throat. You can't score if your offense is on the sidelines......
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Brian Kelly wasn't there in that bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Should be against LSU Bon. Don't see how not really. Hopefully the Tigers show up to play being as they've pretty much been sleep walking since the Bama loss. Hopefully we don't have another debacle like we did a few years back against Penn St.
    Brad Edwards from ESPN is projecting that NIU (Northern Illinois) will crack the Top 16 which will knock OU out and put them in the Cotton, and Texas to the Alamo Bowl (which is where I thought they deserved all along)

possible OU vs TAMU in the Cotton....thats a game I can get behind
    Last edited by BonMallari; 12-02-2012 at 04:49 PM.

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Brad Edwards from ESPN is projecting that NIU (Northern Illinois) will crack the Top 16 which will knock OU out and put them in the Cotton, and Texas to the Alamo Bowl (which is where I thought they deserved all along)
    They jump 5 spots to #16!? I'll have to see that tonight to believe it.

According to ESPN they are #16
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    According to ESPN they are #16
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings
    That's the completely futile and useless AP Poll my friend

it is when Texas and Nebraska and UCLA who were all ahead of them lost, thats three of the spots right there