The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 111 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Besides the surprising amount of hot chicks that go to TT, why would anybody go to Lubbock?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Besides the surprising amount of hot chicks that go to TT, why would anybody go to Lubbock?
    Because there are people who really like West Texas surprising as it may seem and Lubbock is a great college town. Tommy T was never a popular choice so I expect he realized that his days in Lubbock were numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Because there are people who really like West Texas surprising as it may seem and Lubbock is a great college town. Tommy T was never a popular choice so I expect he realized that his days in Lubbock were numbered.
    TT made a bad choice when they let Mike Leach go - but I'm happy to see him as a Coug - hope he gains the traction to shake up the PAC 12. It's not an easy recruit to Pullman but he seemed to handle it in Lubbock. His team's victory in the Apple Cup was huge, at least locally. Though I am a Husky alum, love to see the Cougs take them down to size. Just as I'm sure many in your state likes to see UTx on the short end of the score .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Leach is a very bright guy and he was very popular with students and alumni but he was getting a little too big for his britches and ran afoul of the Tech AD. The fuss about Craig James' son was just enough to complete what was destined to be a failed relationship. Leach was destined to leave one way or the other, a top 20 program was definitely in the cards, an offer that Tech could not match. He will be successful at WSU for a few years and he will then move on to a higher paying more prestigious coaching job.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....html?mobile=n

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Just as I'm sure many in your state likes to see UTx on the short end of the score .
    As Texas' largest university UT has a large, loyal, and wealthy alumni base, almost everyone else in the state enjoys mediocrity in their football program. Mack cannot seem to recruit a premium QB from a state that has numerous former HS QBs playing in the NFL. UT is currently enjoying a period of football mediocrity with their once innovative head coach Mack Brown who has unprecedented support of UT AD Deloss Dodds. UT detractors hope that Mack keeps his job for at least another decade.

As Texas' largest university UT has a large, loyal, and wealthy alumni base, almost everyone else in the state enjoys mediocrity in their football program. Mack cannot seem to recruit a premium QB from a state that has numerous former HS QBs playing in the NFL. UT is currently enjoying a period of football mediocrity with their once innovative head coach Mack Brown who has unprecedented support of UT AD Deloss Dodds. UT detractors hope that Mack keeps his job for at least another decade.
    Thats because all the good ones go north to my OU team!!! LOL
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

UT recruited a local kid Garrett Gilbert who was the Gatorade HS POY, they banked the farm on him...he turned out to be the biggest bust of the MB era, Ash and Case McCoy were on the team strictly as back ups and due to family history....makes Texas fans realize just how special the Young>McCoy years really were
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    UT recruited a local kid Garrett Gilbert who was the Gatorade HS POY, they banked the farm on him...he turned out to be the biggest bust of the MB era, Ash and Case McCoy were on the team strictly as back ups and due to family history....makes Texas fans realize just how special the Young>McCoy years really were
    Check out the NFL, Texas HS starting QBs who were not recruited by the great Mack Brown

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8399484

Brees, Dalton, Tannehill, Stafford, Luck, Ponder, RG III, McElroy, Daniel, Foles, McCown, and current college QBs notwithstanding of which there are many including Johnny Manziel who wanted to go to UT!

Check out the NFL, Texas HS starting QBs who were not recruited by the great Mack Brown

Brees, Dalton, Tannehill, Stafford, Luck, Ponder, RG III, McElroy, Daniel, Foles, McCown, and current college QBs notwithstanding of which there are many including Johnny Manziel who wanted to go to UT!
    None of the current QB's on the UT roster were recruited by current OC Bryan Harsin...it was even documented that Bryan visited a potential JUCO transfer this past week, in hopes of finding a dual purpose threat that can run his type of offense...of course there is no guarantee that he will be on staff when Mack purges his staff at the end of the season, or that he won't go elsewhere if offered a similar position
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Impressive group!! As you apparently follow the sport closer than I do, a question: How many of these QB's have a father in the coaching profession or at the least, one parent in the teaching profession. It has been my experience, & expecially in the larger schools where there are more kids trying out, that all the skill positions seem to favor the children of public employees.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!