The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 121 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

  1. #1201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    4,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    I guess you guys might have a point on the lack luster performance of Florida;
    http://www.yardbarker.com/college_fo...ville/12565543
    No might to it. It's a fact. Look what the gayturds did all year against subpar competition.

    You lose 1 game all year against a rival, don't even make The SEC CHAMP GAME, & have to play a basketball school in your BCS Bowl? Frick that. I don't fault them for mailing it in. No different than Free Shoes U or Stanford. Where's the motivation???? Put Stanford up against Free Shoes U & now we have a game I WANT to see. Put the gayturds up against OU. I WANT to see that game. I WANT to see K St./Oregon. I WANT to see ND/gumps. The other crap games, screw that.

  2. #1202
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    TAMU beating the gumps had everything to do with Johnny Football & the gumps not being as fast as people would like to think they are.

    The LSU game was a joke. KeKe Mingo got sick & if he doesn't, LSU wins going away. He was like a spotted gazelle the other night. Of course there were about a dozen other injuries & 6 free 1st downs that were NOT warranted. Not to mention the lack of OBVIOUS calls against Clemson. Paging Stud The Dud, get your fat ass out the booth & coach The OL. That was disgraceful.

    The game last night had everything to do with 1 team thrilled to be there & the other was in Gainesville. 1 couldn't have played better & the other any worse.

    It's not about a certain style. It's about what happens, who WANTS to be there, & unforeseen circumstances (Penalties/injuries.).
    Anybody got any cheese?????
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #1203
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,768

    Default

    Last night's crowd at the Sugar Bowl set an attendence record. It was the smallest crowd to attend a Sugar Bowl since 1939! Even the Gator Nation wasn't interetsed in the game let alone their team. Less than 7,000 in the stands were Gator fans.

    From NOLA.com

    "Afterward, Strong credited the partisan Louisville crowd for the victory. The school's leather-lunged contingent represented more than half of the 54,178 fans in the stands and dwarfed the half-hearted turnout by the Gators, effectively transforming the Superdome into a home stadium. More than one "Lou Orleans" signs could be seen in the crowd, which was the smallest at the Sugar Bowl since 1939.

    "
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  4. #1204
    Senior Member jerod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Groveland FL
    Posts
    340

    Default

    The only Gator players that were playing with a purpose were Matt Elam and Sharrif Floyd and that was to try and increase draft value.

  5. #1205
    Senior Member John Robinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bigfork, Montana
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    No might to it. It's a fact. Look what the gayturds did all year against subpar competition.

    You lose 1 game all year against a rival, don't even make The SEC CHAMP GAME, & have to play a basketball school in your BCS Bowl? Frick that. I don't fault them for mailing it in. No different than Free Shoes U or Stanford. Where's the motivation???? Put Stanford up against Free Shoes U & now we have a game I WANT to see. Put the gayturds up against OU. I WANT to see that game. I WANT to see K St./Oregon. I WANT to see ND/gumps. The other crap games, screw that.
    I watched the first three quarters of the LSU game and felt that LSU was the real deal. I thought they were well coached and played hard, no shame in losing on a last second field goal. However, I don't agree with you on the Florida game. How is this any different from a big school losing to a much smaller school during the regular season? We crucify USC or LSU for laying an egg during the regular season, but make excuses for the same team not being motivated in a big bowl game? Watching last night's game it looked to me like Florida came in way overconfident and was basically frozen by shock when Louiville actually put up a fight.

    As far as crap bowl games, I hate the fact that there are so many no-name bowls that you get five and six loss teams playing. It used to be that a USC would be lucky to play in a bowl game with two losses, now they play with six losses? Music City Bowl, Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, Beef O' Brady Bowl, New Era Pinstripe Bowl, Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl, even (Sorry Jacob), the Chick-Fil-A Bowl are kind of cheesy, but how do you not get up for the Rose, Sugar or Orange Bowls?

    John

  6. #1206
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    How is this any different from a big school losing to a much smaller school during the regular season? We crucify USC or LSU for laying an egg during the regular season, but make excuses for the same team not being motivated in a big bowl game?
    THANK YOU! from Montana!

  7. #1207
    Senior Member DoubleHaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    N. Cackalacky
    Posts
    2,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    As far as crap bowl games, I hate the fact that there are so many no-name bowls that you get five and six loss teams playing. It used to be that a USC would be lucky to play in a bowl game with two losses, now they play with six losses? Music City Bowl, Famous Idaho Potato Bowl, Beef O' Brady Bowl, New Era Pinstripe Bowl, Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl, even (Sorry Jacob), the Chick-Fil-A Bowl are kind of cheesy, but how do you not get up for the Rose, Sugar or Orange Bowls?

    John
    The Chick-Fil-A bowl is the old Peach Bowl, at least. That used to be a very solid bowl before the huge proliferation of them. It was New Years Eve in Hotlanta (when all the best bowls were New Years Day) and always a fun time for the fans.

  8. #1208
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Anybody got any cheese?????
    Maybe they should change the title of this thread to "The SEC Whiner Page".
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  9. #1209
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Maybe they should change the title of this thread to "The LSU Whiner Page".
    Fixed it for you...

    fellow troll regards...
    Bill Davis

  10. #1210
    Senior Member John Robinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bigfork, Montana
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    The Chick-Fil-A bowl is the old Peach Bowl, at least. That used to be a very solid bowl before the huge proliferation of them. It was New Years Eve in Hotlanta (when all the best bowls were New Years Day) and always a fun time for the fans.
    I love free enterprise capitalism and everything, but hate the renaming of stadiums and bowl games. What would be wrong with "this years Peach Bowl brought to you by Chick-Fil-A"?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •