The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 124 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    so what happens now at Oregon if/when Chip Kelly leaves ? ...he will be a tough act to follow, he was a very good recruiter and that fast break offense isnt something many coaches fully embrace....wonder if Nike will still pour huge money into the program without him
    It is my understanding that the offensive coordinator will be offered the head coaching job if Kelly leaves.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    when a guy like saban says something like, "i and my family are happy at 'bama, we are not going anywhere........." that's a sign you better find your next coach!
    LOL! Something like that could only happen to LSU....and did....

"I'm committed to the job we have to do here at Michigan State. I've said that before," Saban said at a hastily called news conference Thursday.
    LINK

Not leaving LSU, Saban Says;
    'Things are a little different in the league now than when I was there,'' Saban said. ''After thinking about whether or not that's something I'm interested in doing right now, I'm very happy to be the coach here.''
    LINK

So on Thursday Dec. 21st 2006, Saban -- who has tried to denounce the story about him potentially going to Alabama numerous times in recent weeks -- again, and adamantly, denied that he's headed back to the college ranks.

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."
    When the stories linking Alabama and Saban began circulating last month, almost immediately after Shula got fired following a 6-6 season, the former coach at Louisiana State said he was flattered but not interested.
    He's bristled at nearly every suggestion about him leaving the Dolphins since.

"I don't know how many times I've got to respond to rumor and innuendo," Saban said. "I have no control over that. I've stated what my intentions are and they really haven't changed, so I don't know what the issue is
    LINK

Oh the memories....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    They start these games way too late. I can't keep my eyes open, long day. Lots of game left, Kansas St fans shouldn't panic .
    Says it all....
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    so what happens now at Oregon if/when Chip Kelly leaves ? ...he will be a tough act to follow, he was a very good recruiter and that fast break offense isnt something many coaches fully embrace....wonder if Nike will still pour huge money into the program without him
    Nike poured money in before Chip arrived and will likely continue to pour money in after Chip leaves.

If Chip Kelly wants to coach in the NFL, nows the time to go. He can't get any hotter, short of winning the National Championship. He has raised expectations such that any drop off will be a disappointment. In general, the non-Nike Boosters do not care for Chip because he doesn't cater to them. Believe it or not, there are boosters that wouldn't be disappointed if he left.
    Add to that the Willie Lyles recruiting violation investigation that the NCAA has not yet completed, and it looks like the time to leave could be as good as it every will be.

It's either go now, or keep coaching college for quite a while.

Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Says it all....
    Looks like she ate some bad tacos.

I don't see Kelly's style of O working in the NFL.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I don't see Kelly's style of O working in the NFL.
    That thing the Redskins are running looks a whole lot more like Oregon's offense than the Steeler's, Raven's etc. In many ways the ever present threat of the quick pass probably enhances the running game. The Redskins sure don't look like the Hogs blocking for John Riggins.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    That thing the Redskins are running looks a whole lot more like Oregon's offense than the Steeler's, Raven's etc. In many ways the ever present threat of the quick pass probably enhances the running game. The Redskins sure don't look like the Hogs blocking for John Riggins.
    Ya and RG3 almost had his leg taken off at the knee a couple of weeks ago.

RG3 is a super talent but I think QB's like Luck, Dalton etc. will last a lot longer in the NFL.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge