The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 141 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    the fact that #1 Notre Dame got wiped out so badly, makes me believe those end of the year rankings are a bit off.
    i think they are a bit off too. but you know the irish did beat pac 12 conference champ, the team that beat #2 oregon and eventual rose bowl winner stanford and also beat usc. i think its pretty safe to say they were way ahead of anything the pac 12 could have teed up for alabama......or am i reading this wrong?

notre dame earned their way into the game. then notre dame went out on the field and won the bcs championship game..........coin toss!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    i think they are a bit off too. but you know the irish did beat pac 12 conference champ, the team that beat #2 oregon and eventual rose bowl winner stanford and also beat usc. i think its pretty safe to say they were way ahead of anything the pac 12 could have teed up for alabama......or am i reading this wrong?

notre dame earned their way into the game. then notre dame went out on the field and won the bcs championship game..........coin toss!
    You're right ND did earn their way by beating everyone they played. My point is twofold; 1) The way ND played yesterday, it's hard for me to even put them in the top ten, so there is something wrong with our ranking system. 2) We all know match ups are unpredictable, team A can beat theck out of team B which could beat the heck out of team C which just beat team A. Everyone out here firmly believes Oregon would beat Alabama. I'm not so sure about that, but I do believe Oregon and Stanford would both give Alabama a game.

John

Notre Dame was a 3 loss(Pitt, Stanford,USC) team masquerading as an undefeated one....whether by divine intervention or immaculate reception they were exposed last night as a pretender to the throne...personally I would have dropped them out of the Top 5 in the Final AP poll after their miserable showing....the BCS might have gotten the matchup they wanted, but the POLLS got it wrong this year
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I would agree about smash-mouth football in SEC, and getting through the league without a couple of losses. As a "Yankee transplant" dog guy in So. Ga. during winters, it reminds me of Big 10 basketball--smash-mouth without benefit of protective gear! Go Golden Gophers! (And Dawgs next season).

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    You're right ND did earn their way by beating everyone they played. My point is twofold; 1) The way ND played yesterday, it's hard for me to even put them in the top ten, so there is something wrong with our ranking system. 2) We all know match ups are unpredictable, team A can beat theck out of team B which could beat the heck out of team C which just beat team A. Everyone out here firmly believes Oregon would beat Alabama. I'm not so sure about that, but I do believe Oregon and Stanford would both give Alabama a game.

John
    I only know of one person that thinks that. Oregon was manhandled by the last two SEC teams they played.

College playoffs can't get here soon enough and I wish it were an 8 team system.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    College playoffs can't get here soon enough and I wish it were an 8 team system.
    Agreed, the 4 team format is likely to omit a team with an early loss or two that matures and gets hot (TAMU) or a single late season stumble when said team was deserving to be in the tournament, but a four team playoff beats the AP/UPI Poll champ which would have declared Notre Dame 2012 Natl Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Agreed, the 4 team format is likely to omit a team with an early loss or two that matures and gets hot (TAMU) or a single late season stumble when said team was deserving to be in the tournament, but a four team playoff beats the AP/UPI Poll champ which would have declared Notre Dame 2012 Natl Champs.
    good points but,

no, no, no i say! it has to be 64 teams. basketball has it right. we can't possibly leave anyone out that thinks they should participate in this "football tournament", can we? let's just go ahead and include at least half the elligible d1 teams no matter what their body of work looked like. everyone will be happy, right? except teams 65 through 119 or how many ever there is. let's call it "december and january madness" and get on with it.

better yet, why not play a seven game series like baseball and the nba. then we will really know who was best....who was hot at the right time....etc.

i will be shocked if anyone is happy when the much anticipated "playoff" actually gets here.(aside from the winner obviously)
    john mccallie

Y'all people floor me. The game Monday night proved nothing more than 1 team played the worst it could & the other played over their heads. Sometimes that crap just happens. The gumps should have lost three games. They weren't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Y'all people floor me. The game Monday night proved nothing more than 1 team played the worst it could & the other played over their heads. Sometimes that crap just happens. The gumps should have lost three games. They weren't that good.
    Jacob : I know you are an LSU homer but at least give the Champion their props, saying they werent that good smacks of sour grapes...face the fact that it was your team that wasnt that good, even though your self proclaimed prophecy to annoint them as such early in the season proved otherwise
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    09' / 37-21
    11' / 21-0
    12' / 42-14

While I do think that Notre Dame was not the #1 Team in the Country, and still being a little aggravated with Bama not playing Florida, Georgia or South Carolina for 2 years in a row during the regular season, it's really hard to say 'They aren't that good'.

In fact I’m not sure anyone would care b/c all you have to do is simply look at the trophy case.

We all said it before. The REAL NC Title game happened on Dec. 1st. This January game was just for the REST of College Football Fans

The fact remains though that LSU is one Crystal Ball away from being tied with BAMA on 'BCS' NC Titles
    at least that makes me smile lol!